Week 11 - Patriots: If It's A Lie, Then We Fight On That Lie

Started by MDS, November 03, 2019, 08:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

With SD on the Wentz stuff. Yeah he was rough on a lot of throws but he also had a lot of passes dropped or were 50/50 balls thrown in tight windows where the receiver had to make a play and not let the defender slap it out of his hands. But down their top 2 WRs and starting tackle(s), he was surrounded by slop
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Don Ho on November 17, 2019, 08:09:47 PM
Agree on AB.  Jeffery is toast, Agholor is a mess, Pimp is out of here, the rest stink.  AB turns out to be a colossal douche, cut him.  AO1 would probably pay half his salary he'd be so over joyed to have a competent human being at receiver.

Competent receiver.  Competent human being is going a bit far with AB.

General_Failure

They had multiple shots to get a receiver already. They're rolling with the garbage they've got.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Wentz misses people like crazy on the final drive.

Be accurate ya fargin ginger

MDS

we all know their wr's were a farce but wentz was horrible

he made 1 nice throw and that was the last one to agholor which of course he dropped

they are paying carson like a top 5 qb and hes like a 10-15 qb. hes david carr, cuzzo, dak and maybe worse. 3 years ago we thought we had a special one. now you look up and the jesus freak ginger has been lapped by lamar, deshaun, mahomes and isnt in the same stratosphere as rodgers and wilson.

he doesnt suck. hes just not an elite level qb. you can still win with him. its just tougher.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

At least he's slowly learning to throw the ball away. He still thinks he can superman every play, and it'll eventually end his career, but until then we get baby steps.

QB Eagles

I'm seeing a Randall-like career, where he does the occasional amazing thing but is constantly held back from greatness by some combination of the humps around him, injuries, and his own bad decisions. We're probably in for another decade with a frustrating QB who is good enough to keep his job but not dominant. Feels like the franchise has been in this situation a lot.

General_Failure

Weird how his one great season had him surrounded by good talent and a good OC.

SD

You can't have zero running game and zero wrs and expect Wentz to be successful. He was throwing the ball into tight windows and doing his best to make a play with what he had. Agholor/JJAW/PS Hollins are way worse than Thrash/Pinkstom/Freddie and Charles Johnson/Smalls/Na Brown.

General_Failure

Let's not get crazy here. Agholor had a good season once, and Matthews was a thousand yard* receiver once upon a time.

PhillyPhreak54

SD

Quote from: General_Failure on November 18, 2019, 09:02:27 AM
Let's not get crazy here. Agholor had a good season once, and Matthews was a thousand yard* receiver once upon a time.

Agholor was so damn good in 2017. He was probably the biggest unsung hero in the SB. He consistently moved the chains.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 18, 2019, 09:13:51 AM
His inaccuracy was infuriating.

Did you actually watch the game? I didn't see many innacurate throws to open receivers.

PhillyPhreak54

I listened to the majority of it on radio.

I saw the final few drives and saw him miss guys.

Diomedes

I watched.  Granting that there weren't many "open" receivers yesterday, owing to both the excellent Patriots defense and the second rate receiving corps, I can recall at least two sideline passes that were just outright misses by Wentz.  There were completions to be contested at least, if the throw was accurate, but they weren't.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Brady wasn't exactly perfect either, so let's say the wind had some say in the passing game. Either way, that's a winnable game if any receiver can catch. Or hell, if the DBs can catch. What did they drop, four interceptions?