Week 11 - Patriots: If It's A Lie, Then We Fight On That Lie

Started by MDS, November 03, 2019, 08:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quotedoesnt mean hes trash doesnt even mean hes not good or cant win a super bowl....hes just not a game changer and needs more help than the elite qb's do

yep.   Wentz has had enough situations now, toward end of game, where an elite player steps up his performance and wins the game...not every time, but often...and he's just not risen to the occasion. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 19, 2019, 07:58:10 AM
the patriots started julian eldelman phillip dorsett and ben watson

the eagles started nelson agholor zach ertz and dallas goddert

russell wilson patrick mahomes aaron rodgers lamar jackson deshaun watson dont use wr's as an excuse...they go out and win that game.....carson didnt...doesnt mean hes trash doesnt even mean hes not good or cant win a super bowl....hes just not a game changer and needs more help than the elite qb's do

Mohammed Sanu and their 1st round pick N'keal Harry too. Plus James White out of the backfield. Brady didn't play well either. And lol at the other qbs you mentioned, except for LJ they all have a top 10 wr and very competent 2/3's.

MDS

Quote from: Rome on November 19, 2019, 06:12:41 AM
I mean right now those two in 2019 would be better than what Wentz has to throw to.

aaron rodgers scored 42 points throwing to:
marquez valdez scnatling
jimmy graham
jake kumerow
danny vitale
allen lazard
geronimo allison
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: AO1 on November 19, 2019, 10:14:44 AM
And lol at the other qbs you mentioned, except for LJ they all have a top 10 wr and very competent 2/3's.

every single one of those qb's would have scored 18 or more pts sunday

and i could probably go a few further if i felt like it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

eagles fans seem to be in wentz denial...mvp elite caliber qbs win with slop. they score 18 points with jordan matthews and jjaw.

wentz isnt on that level. he can be very good to even great with a strong supporting cast, but since he doesnt have that he looks and plays like spazzy ginger garbage.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on November 19, 2019, 10:17:05 AM
Quote from: Rome on November 19, 2019, 06:12:41 AM
I mean right now those two in 2019 would be better than what Wentz has to throw to.

aaron rodgers scored 42 points throwing to:
marquez valdez scnatling
jimmy graham
jake kumerow
danny vitale
allen lazard
geronimo allison

All those receivers are better than the trash the Eagles threw out there not to mention Aaron Jones is one of the best receivers out of the backfield. They weren't going against the undisputed best D in the league either.

ice grillin you

you know whats undisputed...arron rodgers beats the patriots sunday with the eagles roster

i dont get the wentz worship nor do i get any hate....he can have shtein WR's and not be elite...it doesnt have to be he sucks or hes aaron rodgers...maybe hes just very good with terrible wr's?

General_Failure

Rodgers probably takes five more sacks against the Patriots with the Eagles roster, but doesn't fumble that one time. Russell Wilson takes five less sacks than Wentz, has the same passing yards with 15 fewer throws, and wins by 20.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 19, 2019, 11:01:50 AM
you know whats undisputed...arron rodgers beats the patriots sunday with the eagles roster

i dont get the wentz worship nor do i get any hate....he can have shtein WR's and not be elite...it doesnt have to be he sucks or hes aaron rodgers...maybe hes just very good with terrible wr's?

winner

Rome

Wentz has elite ability.  I mean he just does.  He proved that in 2017. 

If he had Jeffrey and Pimp this is an entirely different conversation (and season too).

Whatever though. 

Eagles_Legendz

I think it's a matter of definition. 

Right now, Wentz to me is probably the 8th to 10th best qb in the league.  That's good.  Bordering on very good.

But in 2019 with identical rosters do you pick him as your qb with your life on the line? 

He's clearly behind Wilson, Mahomes, Rodgers.  I think he's behind Watson and probably Dak and I don't know how you take him over Lamar either right now.  That's not even counting the old heads like brees or Brady.

I like Wentz.  He's good.  He was great in '17 and "good" last year and this year.  But he's not a top 3 qb in the nfl right now.

ice grillin you

the bottom line is that the eagles have a qb who can more than easily win a super bowl...which is more than a lot of teams can say...and thats all anyone should care about

hes just not elite in the sense that hes going to win a super bowl with david givens or make jordy nelson into a 100 catch wr

at the same time hes better than joe flacco ever was

the biggest concern is not on the field with wentz is how tightly does his contract handcuff howie

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 19, 2019, 12:43:49 PM

Well, except for that time Flacco had the best five or six games in a row of his career and won a Super Bowl.  That run was ludicrous.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 19, 2019, 12:43:49 PM
the bottom line is that the eagles have a qb who can more than easily win a super bowl...which is more than a lot of teams can say...and thats all anyone should care about

hes just not elite in the sense that hes going to win a super bowl with david givens or make jordy nelson into a 100 catch wr

the biggest concern is not on the field with wentz is how tightly does his contract handcuff howie

I put him into the 5-10 range and think with an adequate receiving corps and run game he can move into elite status which he already accomplished in 2017. Just gonna leave this then move onto the Seahawks thread

Receptions so far this season:

Saints WR Michael Thomas: 94
Eagles entire WR group: 93