UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

It's about time we have an offical Ultimate Fighting Championship / Mixed Martial Arts thread.    UFC 67 was just on Sat night.  Anderson Silva wasnt even "official" challenged for his title because Travis Lutter couldnt make weight.   It was a good fight anway.    At $40 or so a pop it's hard to afford watching every UFC, so if you come across any of the fights online please post them.  YouTube folks usually get them up for a couple days or so before they are taken down.   The next TUFF show is for the light weight division which is supposed to make a comeback now.   Anyway.  Here are a couple of the fights from Sat..

Anderson Silva vs. Travis Lutter- good fight

Rampage Jackson vs. Marvin Eastman. -  (audio is in spanish) boring fight for the most part.  Rampage has his first UFC fight after spending many moons in Japans PRIDE.  He gets revenge on his earlier career loss to Eastman.

Mirko Cro Cop vs. Eddie Sanchez (no idea what language)

hbionic

I'm one of the few who really doesn't give a shtein about UFC. Kinda like Hockey.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MURP

Quote from: hbionic on February 04, 2007, 11:59:31 PM
I'm one of the few who really doesn't give a shtein about UFC.

then stay out of this thread Nacho Libre.    :chair

MDS

If I wanted to pay to see two guys kick the shtein out of each other, I'd go to the corner of 17th and Montgomery and give some crack heads two bucks a piece and get front row seats.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

I don't know what my opinion on this sport was going to do. I don't even care about my opinion. Sorry MURPheous.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Rome

Mirko is a badass.  The kick to the crown he gave Sanchez was unreal.  How a big SOB like him can kick bitches in the head like that is beyond me.

Also - Lutter not making weight was a disgrace and an embarrassment to the entire sport.  I was hoping Silva would beat his ass to a pulp in that fight just to teach him a lesson.

SD_Eagle5

My buddy Dave (MURP and Mussa you guys know him from the TOOL concert) is training for a competition. He got back from Thailand a few months ago and has been training his ass off. I think he's going to do a MMA fight in Cherry Hill in March or April. I was supposed to go with him to a show in AC Saturday night but couldn't make it, he said it was only so so. Might go up to Manhattan with him on Friday for a Muay Thai fight at 5 points. I sparred with him a few weeks ago and he's gotten a lot better, his stamina is unreal. Other than that I kicked his ass (ha!)

Drunkmasterflex

It is about time a thread like this was started, I considered it by was too lazy.  This is the first UFC that I have missed since the Gracie/Hughes fight.  From what I heard it sucked.  I am looking forward to seeing the "Natural" take on Tim Sylvia next month.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

MURP

yeah SD I had been meaning to ask you how his Thailand workouts went.

I am also interested in the Sylvia/Natural fight.   I really cant stand Sylvia and hope Randy knocks him the farg out.   Sylvia has a massive size/reach advantage though.

after that UFC 69 - GSP/Serra should be a blowout.  That one is almost a waste of time unless GSP totally takes it for granted.  I dont see that happening though.

MURP

ha, I just checked my original links up there and 2 of the 3 were already taken down by Youtube.  You gotta strike when its hot.  Cro Cop is still available. 

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MURP on February 05, 2007, 08:51:44 PM
yeah SD I had been meaning to ask you how his Thailand workouts went.
He said he learned more in a month there than he did 6 months here. He's bulked up about 10 lbs. since he's gotten back.

Feva

My little brother and cousin jumped Rashad Evans when they were kids.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MURP

:-D  how did that turn out Feva?

Rashad just killed that Sean Salmon guy the other day.  brutal.

Feva

They actually kicked Rahad's ass.  I wouldn't recommend they try that nowadays, though.  ;D

I saw his last fight against Salmon too.  I'll bet Salmon's still sleeping.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MURP

at the time I honestly wondered if he died in the octagon. 

How about Salmons first kick of that fight, I could have sworn he was trying the old Karate Kid thing.  ha.