Jim Schwartz, Defensive Coordinator

Started by Susquehanna Birder, January 20, 2016, 08:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Please stay in Philly, Jim. We love iceholes like you.

QB Eagles

Interviewing for the Giants job next week.

:puke

ice grillin you

I told you all months ago the staff is gone get raped

Doug is gonna get exposed
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 31, 2017, 09:12:09 AM

Doubtful. There are some good dc's on the market. Doug runs the offense and calls the plays, I doubt Reich leaving would make a big difference. I'm not sure why a team would want Schwartz, he already failed once as a HC, I don't see being an effective HC a second time around, some coaches (Wade Phillips for example) are great coordinators but can't run a team. I'd rather keep Schwartz as I feel the defensive personnel is tailored to his system but once CB is shored up any decent dc could do a good job. If he's gonna leave I hope he goes to the Giants.

MDS

schwartz would not be a good fit for the ny media...they will be feuding within seconds and hes not a good enough coach to beat the backpage of the post/dn
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

lol

Anyways Schwartz and his icehole attitude fits in with Gettleman's. Schefter says he's the front runner so he's prob gone. But they cannot afford to wait too long. There's going to be a lot of openings.

Arians reportedly retiring
Fox will be fired
Pagano will be fired
Giants open
Caldwell reportedly being let go

Also coordinator spots will open up
Cowboys reportedly letting Marinelli go (and Linehan too).
Dean Pees retiring in Baltimore

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 31, 2017, 11:43:16 AM
Also coordinator spots will open up
Cowboys reportedly letting Marinelli go (and Linehan too).
Dean Pees retiring in Baltimore

Capers supposedly (finally) out in GB too. So that's three other prominent franchises looking for a DC without even considering the teams needing whole new coaching staffs.

PhillyPhreak54

Good point on Capers

Fangio could end up in GB

Maybe Teryl Austin takes over for Jim Stoneface as HC in Detroit

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 31, 2017, 11:43:16 AMArians reportedly retiring
Fox will be fired
Pagano will be fired
Giants open
Caldwell reportedly being let go

Marv is gonna be gone
Oakland seems out on Del Rio
Vance Joseph is horrible and will probably be fired
No one would blame Cleveland for firing Hue but that team works in mysterious ways

Doesn't seem like there are enough candidates for all these jobs. Don't be surprised if DeFilippo lands a HC job. Teams are gonna gamble looking for the next McVay.

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed on teams looking for the next McVay

I wonder where Josh McDaniels ends up. With all these openings he's gotta be a lock to get another shot

Don Ho

My God!  So we may have 9 HC vacancies?  Can't recall that many in recent memory.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Del Rio will be gone.  Trojan nation so pissed after their performance against Ohio St., the rumblings are beginning to get Helton out and Del Rio in.  Bad idea.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: AO1 on December 31, 2017, 09:56:06 AM

Doubtful. There are some good dc's on the market. Doug runs the offense and calls the plays, I doubt Reich leaving would make a big difference. I'm not sure why a team would want Schwartz, he already failed once as a HC, I don't see being an effective HC a second time around, some coaches (Wade Phillips for example) are great coordinators but can't run a team. I'd rather keep Schwartz as I feel the defensive personnel is tailored to his system but once CB is shored up any decent dc could do a good job. If he's gonna leave I hope he goes to the Giants.

This is what I've been saying the last few weeks or so regarding Reich. OC under Pederson (just like Reid) is irrelevant other than to run meetings and practice since Pederson has to spend time with defense and ST, even if it's just to observe.  But the game plan and play calling on game day is all Doug.  Being worried about losing Reich would be like crying about Brad Childress going to Minnesota back in the day.  I'd much rather see Reich go and DiFilippo promoted to OC.

I like Schwartz as a DC and I think I'd prefer him to stay because all in all, the defense has been pretty good (sans week 13-15), but if he goes I feel like the personnel they have on D is strong enough to make it a desirable job for any quality defensive mind.

Tomahawk

Reid needs his OCs more since at some point he's going to hand off pass the play call duties to them

MDS

not actually interviewing with the giants...just arizona

me thinks jimbo aint goin nowhere
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.