2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

great win, has to be one of their best

madson shutting the door against that lineup in that park = biggest gain of the night. great sign for october.

and since the back end of the pen has been used a lot...lidge and his 85 mph fastball will probably get to close tomorrow. fun times.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

QuoteNearly didn't see the end since I almost threw the remote through the TV after Howard's selfish, disgraceful at-bat in the 4th. No outs, no one on base, 3-0 count, swing and miss at ball four, then ground out to second. Yeah wins are great, but you gotta fix stuff like this before the postseason or else we'll see a repeat of last year. Season records mean nothing once the playoffs start.

these people exist
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I fell asleep around the eighth inning, woke up during a commercial break, and shut it off.

I hate late starts.

Rome

69-39 after 108 games.  7 games up in the division with the Braves more and more looking like dots in the rearview mirror.

Incredible, especially considering for the most part these iceholes haven't hit worth shtein all year.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Apparently Street threw MAAAberry 8 straight sliders. Way to mix it up.

ice grillin you

pence/beltran combined 7/35 (.200) 2 rbi with their new teams
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 02, 2011, 07:54:53 AM
pence/beltran combined 7/35 (.200) 2 rbi with their new teams

and 3 runs scored for Pence. Way to dumb down his stats. Those runs were all crucial runs as well.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

Homer alert! LOL

Yes, Pence's numbers don't tell the whole story, but he's not exactly off to a hot start. Also, Beltran's first game with the Giants (against the Phils) ended some ridiculous streak (28?) of games on-base for him. And that's also the only game they've won with him on the team, while the Phils are 3-0 with Pence.

Let's look at something we can all agree is farging awesome, ok?

Jimmy being Jimmy

PhillyGirl

No, not a homer alert, but while Pence isn't off to a super hot start, don't minimize what he HAS done.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on August 02, 2011, 02:13:03 AM
QuoteNearly didn't see the end since I almost threw the remote through the TV after Howard's selfish, disgraceful at-bat in the 4th. No outs, no one on base, 3-0 count, swing and miss at ball four, then ground out to second. Yeah wins are great, but you gotta fix stuff like this before the postseason or else we'll see a repeat of last year. Season records mean nothing once the playoffs start.

these people exist

Who wrote that