2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Dillen on July 24, 2011, 04:31:15 PM
but it'd be stupid to say that's the only option while dealing for a hitter would be useless.

are people actually saying this?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Dillen

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 24, 2011, 02:52:08 PM
a bat would be nice but they certainly dont need one and they def dont need one as much as they need a lock down bullpen arm
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 24, 2011, 03:24:34 PM
adams would be a much bigger improvement over stutes or perez than a francouer would be over brown/mayberry...not to mention playoff pitching is much more likely to neutralize offense than playoff offense is likely to hit much vs playoff pitching

in the end the major players are going to have to come thru with clutch hits or they are going to lose anyway and jeff francouer josh willingham or melky cabrera arent going to change that
Don't take everything so literally, you're clearly saying a bullpen guy would be much more helpful than a hitter. I don't know why I even bothered

PhillyPhreak54

I agree with Dillen that only Beltran or Pence would be worth going after. However, if they get Pence then it could affect them re-signing Jimmy and they have to re-sign him. One of the writers was saying that this morning, about Pence getting an extension that would hurt the chances of bringing Rollins back.

I do not want to give up HOF. They have to find a way to get a deal done without letting him go.

BigEd76

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 23, 2011, 06:35:38 PM
In a span of 3 pitches, Martinez bunted one into the Padres dugout trying to sacrifice, a wild pitch goes past him anyway, then he crushed one a few rows back in right.

for J and Todd

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

Quote from: Dillen on July 24, 2011, 04:41:35 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 24, 2011, 02:52:08 PM
a bat would be nice but they certainly dont need one and they def dont need one as much as they need a lock down bullpen arm
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 24, 2011, 03:24:34 PM
adams would be a much bigger improvement over stutes or perez than a francouer would be over brown/mayberry...not to mention playoff pitching is much more likely to neutralize offense than playoff offense is likely to hit much vs playoff pitching

in the end the major players are going to have to come thru with clutch hits or they are going to lose anyway and jeff francouer josh willingham or melky cabrera arent going to change that
Don't take everything so literally, you're clearly saying a bullpen guy would be much more helpful than a hitter. I don't know why I even bothered

yeah i clearly did say that...but better option and "only" option are so far apart its not even funny...and for good measure you threw in the word useless

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 24, 2011, 04:35:43 PM
Quote from: Dillen on July 24, 2011, 04:31:15 PM
but it'd be stupid to say that's the only option while dealing for a hitter would be useless.

are people actually saying this?

Dillen

I'll make sure my posts can only be interpreted one way from here on out

ice grillin you

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 24, 2011, 05:04:28 PM
I agree with Dillen that only Beltran or Pence would be worth going after. However, if they get Pence then it could affect them re-signing Jimmy and they have to re-sign him. One of the writers was saying that this morning, about Pence getting an extension that would hurt the chances of bringing Rollins back.

I do not want to give up HOF. They have to find a way to get a deal done without letting him go.

pence can take over for ibanez's money. you also have lidge coming off the books.

rollins i cant imagine is going to get an increase, here or anywhere.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

The Phillies have more than enough to get a legit bat & a good bullpen arm.  Would they have to raid the system to do it?  Yeah, probably.  But aren't you guys always the ones who insist the window is just about shut for this team?  If it's just about over for the "core" why not say farg it and just go for it balls to the wall?

SD

I was just listening to 97.5 on the way to pick up my pizza and they were saying the Mets want HOF AND Cosart for Beltran. OUT. I'd consider it for Pence.

Rome

That's hilarious if true.  Jesus Christ - what the farg are the Mets smoking?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Exactly what I said a few pages ago.. The Mets will charge the Phillies too much for Beltran, especially if they pay his salary. No way a deal that benefits the Phils can be made.

Eagles_Legendz

I don't do that for Pence and I laugh before the Mets even finish the sentence if they're asking for that for Beltran.  I don't believe it though.  There is 0 way I trade Brown for 3 months of Beltran let alone Brown AND Cosart.  I don't even trade Cosart in a deal for Beltran.  Worley + a third tier prospect, for 2 second tier guys like Colvin/May is where I'd go and I don't think the Mets get better than that.