2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

he wont be ready until choke is an pound for pound re-creation of mo vaughn

so hes not really blocked by anything. and its nowhere near certain that hes even an mlb player.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

yeah you are not blocked from the major leagues until you are actually ready to be a major leaguer and singleton isnt even a very good high A ball player right now much less being blocked from the show....lets be productive at reading for a year before we annoint
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

MDS

im not even sure what the compliance is for debt but with all the money they raking it and the fact that they didnt even hit the luxury tax yet, its just madness to think they are bleeding cash.

its possible the bucks or middleton or something made a terrible investment but even so middleton has like 10 billion dollars. HE CANT BE  IN DEBT. HE IS TOO RICH.

Rome

Exactly.   Middleton could wipe out whatever debt they have by writing a check out of petty cash.

If their expenses are outpacing their revenues or whatever that's one thing but for ESPN to suggest they're in trouble financially is bullshtein lazy reporting.   In other words, par for the course for those asses.

Munson

Mayberry really wasn't all that awful. Not an everyday guy but he's a good #4 OF
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

Where is Middleton getting all his money now?  I remember he sold the family tobacco business and some budget hotel chain a couple of years ago.  What else does he own?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

He sells fake jerseys in the the Wach lot before games.

Straight cash, homey.

Don Ho

Maybe he'll sell me that Harold Carmichael jersey I've always wanted.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SunMo

such a bad decision to send down Mayberry and keep Martinez.  not to mention why are they putting on this charade with Gload when he can't do anything.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

ok no

the decision was between AAAberry and francisco. not exactly picking between talented players here but thats what it came down to.

gload is the only left handed option off the bench since HOF brown figures to be starting 75% of the time. surgery would push him out of the year and at this juncture hes still an alright pinch hitter. so he stays.

martinez hasnt exactly performed well but hes first off a rule-5 guy and if you DFA him you run the risk of losing him. might not matter, might come back to bit them. either way, he can play every position and gives them some speed off the bench. most of all, it gives them flexibility to do some different things in game and rest aging players like polanco or jimmy (like on sunday when they threw the game against the mets).

so really, logicially, it had to be francisco and AAAberry and they axed the one hitting .230 with 3 homers,  not the one hitting .224 with 6 homers.

both these guys arent really effective major leaguers so i dont even see why anyone even gives a shtein. AAAberry's had 3 years to show he belongs and he never did.

Munson

So tonight is the first night of the "real" line up....

Raul still rolling over to 2nd base. :yay
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds