2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

I was thinking if you threw a patch of fur on her chin, you'd have Joe Blanton. 

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

phillycrew

Quote from: Rome on May 04, 2011, 09:45:54 PM
Rollins does need to be re-signed but you're not going to break the bank on him, are you?  Like I said, two years, twenty million with a mutual option for a third.  That's as far as I'd go with him.

I wouldn't even give Rollins that money.  Time to sign Cole and get younger.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: phillycrew on May 05, 2011, 10:44:57 AM
Quote from: Rome on May 04, 2011, 09:45:54 PM
Rollins does need to be re-signed but you're not going to break the bank on him, are you?  Like I said, two years, twenty million with a mutual option for a third.  That's as far as I'd go with him.

I wouldn't even give Rollins that money.  Time to sign Cole and get younger.

Yeah? And who is your SS?

Sgt PSN

BigEd76

probably someone white that'll piss off igy, like Eckstein or Scutaro

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

charlie

Quote from: SD on May 05, 2011, 08:06:00 AM
J.C. Ramirez (part of the Cliff Lee trade) is 4-0 with a 1.03 ERA in double A Reading so far this season:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/20110505_J_C__Ramirez_showing_why_Phillies_wanted_him_in_Lee_deal.html

Him and Aumont are both having good seasons at reading so far.

Sgt PSN

Aumont was supposed to be the "prize" prospect out of that trade if I remember correctly.  So if the Phils end up getting 2 quality pitchers out of that along with the fact that they ended up getting Lee back, it really makes Amaro look kind of pimp and Phreak will be on suicide watch. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 05, 2011, 11:36:42 AM
probably someone white that'll piss off igy, like Eckstein or Scutaro

no....this team needs to replace GRIT's GRIT with someone
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on May 05, 2011, 08:06:00 AM
J.C. Ramirez (part of the Cliff Lee trade) is 4-0 with a 1.03 ERA in double A Reading so far this season:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/20110505_J_C__Ramirez_showing_why_Phillies_wanted_him_in_Lee_deal.html

thats the good...the bad is that he has 6 strikeouts in 26 innings...that isnt going to get you to the bigs
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

He still has room to develop and at least now he's a trade commodity.

MDS

why this team is awesome:

they have the best record in baseball despite a 6-7-8-9 that goes ibanez-valdez-sardinha-pitcher.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

phillymic2000

Well you know MDS, they are no match for Hotlanta. In the next 3 games, I bet the Braves take 4 straight! They got mad coaching like the mets and are playing "really well" like the Nats.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 02, 2011, 08:19:56 AM
nationals are playing really well and will take at least two of three...book it

best post in cf history

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.