2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpmcgraw

Quote from: Rome on April 12, 2011, 07:30:12 PM
I said a couple million and again what I said stands.

126 million or even 80 million.  What the difference in how you live your life?

Oh, and Lee left a similar fortune on the table to sign in Philly.  He must be cuhwayzee!
Good thing he has no loved ones and is sterile. 

Rome

Matt Stairs is a god and should never pay for a meal in a Philly restaurant as long as he lives.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on April 12, 2011, 07:37:11 PM
Matt Stairs is a god and should never pay for a meal in a Philly restaurant as long as he lives.

Agreed.

Rome

Nice to see McFagBeene back here wowing us with his sensational baseball intellect.

Eagles_Legendz

I can see where people would react indifferently to Werth but I dont get the vehement hate some give him.  He got ridiculously overpaid and took it.  He didnt say or do anything here that should make people hate him though.  He was a key part of the ws and post-ws teams.  

ice grillin you

theres no vehement hate...there were a few boos when he caught that first ball...and the reason for the few boos there are is because hes been talking in the papers this week not because he left last winter
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 12, 2011, 07:52:06 PM
theres no vehement hate...there were a few boos when he caught that first ball...and the reason for the few boos there are is because hes been talking in the papers this week not because he left last winter

I disagree with every word of this post.   I think there are a lot of people really bitter with Werth and what he said was irrelevant short of Philly being the greatest city ever--he was getting booed regardless.

Don Ho

Don Ho

Eagles_Legendz

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 12, 2011, 07:58:59 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 12, 2011, 07:52:06 PM

I disagree with every word of this post.   I think there are a lot of people really bitter with Werth and what he said was irrelevant short of Philly being the greatest city ever--he was getting booed regardless.

but hes not getting booed

wip which is hater central is like 80-20 either pro werth or could less about him...and before this week when he talked a little trash it was like 95-5

Don Ho