Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I took my daughter out to lunch today at our club.  I had a bowl of Taco soup that was one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted.  It was so good I got one to go and brought it home. My wife snagged it and ate it.  Lol.

It had about a quarter pound of cheddar cheese and they used Doritos as a topping.   Genius.  Sheer farging genius. 

Tomahawk

Rome hangs out at the Mar-A-Lago....not surprised

Rome

SD

My daughter and I stopped at Mission BBQ. It was on our way to our destination. It's very Veteran/Fire fighter/Cop centric. They have the typical pulled/smoked pork/chicken stuff. Food was decent. Mac and cheese was bangin.

ice grillin you

wawa to open as many as 50 DC area stores in the next few years

http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/news/2017/06/13/50-stores-wawa-unveils-its-expansive-plans-for.html

QuoteThe first D.C. Wawa, as we reported in May, will be at 1111 19th St. NW, in more than 9,000 square feet of space in the city's central business district. The store, which aims to open by the end of the year, will have a super-upscale feel compared to the roadside Wawas many road trippers are used to, with the hipster trifecta of exposed brick, subway tile and natural wood tones.

It will also be the biggest Wawa yet, with three types of seating: counter, bar and table, all of which will combine to create a 'Wild Goose Cafe' within the shop. There will be outdoor seating as well at Wawa's first sidewalk cafe.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

speaking of wawa - I went there as usual to get my halfnhalf iced tea fix, but for some reason every single wawa drink product was pulled from the fridge shelves. nothing else was pulled.

I didn't see anything about a recall so im not sure what happened. needless to say im going through withdrawal.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

I got free coffee at Wawa today and thought I grabbed a sausage sizzli croissant but got the French toast one instead.   I was pretty damn surprised at how good it was.  I wouldn't eat one everyday but is was pretty tasty and it wasn't overly sweet either. 

Geowhizzer

They're finally building a Wawa in Naples.  Other end of town, of course.  Probably a good thing, or else I would weigh 1000 pounds...

In other news, this guy opened a cheesesteak place in Naples:

Took the son there.  Pretty damn good.

smeags

cheesesteaks should be their own food group.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

I'll bet my doppelgänger makes a great roast pork with broccoli rabe and provolone. 

phattymatty

Ive never heard this nonsense before. Is this true for the Lehigh valley? Comes with red sauce but not a pizza steak?

http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/10/cheesesteak-red-sauce-lehigh-valley-tradition.html

Sgt PSN

A pizza steak comes with sauce and mozzarella cheese, so technically if you change the cheese I guess it's not a pizza steak. 

My primary go-to steak is provolone with mushrooms. Sometimes I deviate and ask for a small cup of sauce on the side.

Not so fun fact:  There's a joint here in Pennsyltucky that uses a sauce on their steaks that I can only describe as half red sauce, half bbq.  I don't know for certain what it is but that's what it tasted like.  It's disgusting and they're iceholes for making it.

phattymatty

Thanks bro. That's a lot of words for not answering my question or reading the article.

I know what a pizza steak is. This whole article is about how it's normal for Lehigh valley steaks to have this red sauce on it and I've never heard of that.

Sgt PSN

Lol. I read it....well, like half. It bored me so I stopped. You seemed confused about what makes a pizza steak a pizza steak what with the question mark and all.

And no, I don't know if that's the norm for the LV. 

MDS

stopped at frank pepes pizza on the way back from the cape. its in new haven, which has more non whites than i expected.

anyway the pizza was great but its silly to call it the best in the country, which is what the internet has said. its better than pizza bedia, which everyone creams their pants over.

also much more affordable. bedia is like $25 for a pie thats maybe 14 inches? frank pepe was $18 for 18 inches. theres a picture of it on facebook for those of you who are cool enough to my friend.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.