Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: MDS on August 12, 2017, 05:22:27 PM
stopped at frank pepes pizza on the way back from the cape. its in new haven, which has more non whites than i expected.

anyway the pizza was great but its silly to call it the best in the country, which is what the internet has said. its better than pizza bedia, which everyone creams their pants over.

also much more affordable. bedia is like $25 for a pie thats maybe 14 inches? frank pepe was $18 for 18 inches. theres a picture of it on facebook for those of you who are cool enough to my friend.

New Haven and Bridgeport have large African American populations.  CT isn't all white. 

I get what you're saying, but I haven't had better Pizza than Pepes.  I won't go on and on about it or fight with people but if asked, I can honestly say it's the best I've ever had.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

i cant for sure its the best i ever had...i just know it didnt take me to a different dimension. i mean it was amazing as for as pizza goes but pizza is sort of limited
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on August 12, 2017, 11:26:55 AM
Thanks bro. That's a lot of words for not answering my question or reading the article.

I know what a pizza steak is. This whole article is about how it's normal for Lehigh valley steaks to have this red sauce on it and I've never heard of that.

main thing I took from the article is that I had no idea Easton was in the Lehigh valley
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

That's because you suck at geography if it ain't in Philly.

ice grillin you

I'm actually pretty good but maybe need to brush up on my pennsytucky topography

Sgt PSN

Not really worth the effort, but have at it.

Rome

Ate dinner at an Irish pub outside Orlando yesterday.   Place is called Fiddler's Green.  Anyway, my daughter had the fish and chips and I had the shepherds pie.  Both were excellent. 

It's right outside Rollins College in Winter Park if anyone ever happens to be down this way.  It's reminiscent of McGillin's in Philly, actually.  Great place. 

http://fiddlersgreen.pub

MDS

mcgillins is the worst place on earth

a fun place in concept but in reality its overrun by horrible white people and theres nothing special about the food or beer
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

there isn't a single good Irish bar in the world

MDS

mcgillins is only salvageable because of its age...if you go at 200 in the afternoon on a tuesday when its empty its an acceptable place for a beer. thats about it.

Rome

The fact that I wouldn't run into either of you there makes it all the better.

MDS

by all means go and pay 4.25 for a miller lite while shouting to your friend over the 100 bros crammed into a 20 foot area take selfies and sexual harass whatsever in front of them

ice grillin you

racist rosey cheeked trump supporting bartenders are the best!!

ice grillin you