Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

ate at bongo's Cuban café while in Disney. wow. great food. great atmosphere.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Beermonkey

I like to think that I know my way around food, but I got waylaid the other night by a type of fish that I haven't had before, so I'm posting this as a warning to all to avoid the oily fart danger of eating butterfish (aka escolar).

I was proud of myself on Thursday night for choosing a healthy fish meal after the gym, instead my usual beer and wings. Felt great the next day and noticed that I didn't have to go to the bathroom all day. Went to a bar after work last night and when no one was around, I let out a very satisfying, 7 second long fart. Didn't think anything was wrong and felt that all was well but when I got up to leave, I looked at the bar stool and it looked like I just sprayed Pledge all over the seat.

Luckily I had a long shirt on, so I scooted on out the door and headed home without anyone noticing (I hope). Saw a big oil stain on the seat of my pants and still couldn't figure out what it was, since I didn't feel like I had an accident. Went to the bathroom and when I got up, the bowl was filled with big, orange oil globules floating on top. After inviting my whole family to come look at it, I looked it up and found this was the byproduct of eating butterfish, which contains an undigestable oil called wax esters.

48 hours later, I'm still farting orange oil slicks, so I warn you all.....do not eat butterfish,not even once

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

Sgt PSN

Arby's is the greatest thing going right now. And they don't serve butterfish, which seems like and added bonus.

smeags

smeags

went to mod pizza for lunch yesterday. wasn't sure what to expect, but it was actually pretty good. personal thin crust pizzas done up in a brick oven. had the meat lover one - forgot the name - really good. killer fresh made lemonade too.

Rome

I went to the Shake Shack in Winter Park (Orlando) last week.  I've been there several times, but I swear they have the best goddamn burgers I've ever tasted from a chain.  Better than In N Out even and that's straight sacrilege. 

The black and white milkshakes are just stupid delicious, though.  I'm pretty sure they put heroin in them. 

smeags

Quote from: Rome on June 21, 2016, 12:29:26 PM
I went to the Shake Shack in Winter Park (Orlando) last week.  I've been there several times, but I swear they have the best goddamn burgers I've ever tasted from a chain.  Better than In N Out even and that's straight sacrilege. 

The black and white milkshakes are just stupid delicious, though.  I'm pretty sure they put heroin in them.

they have one near my work, gonna have to check it out. better burgers than five guys ?

phattymatty

PhillyGirl

Went to the Pub in Pennsauken the other night. First time there since I was a kid.

Food was freaking amazing.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

not that I dislike burgers or really any of those places but I wish the whole burger thing would just go away....everyone of those burger places is just a variation of the other.....enough already
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Quote from: smeags on June 21, 2016, 11:54:51 AM
went to mod pizza for lunch yesterday. wasn't sure what to expect, but it was actually pretty good. personal thin crust pizzas done up in a brick oven. had the meat lover one - forgot the name - really good. killer fresh made lemonade too.

It's been here (Portland) for a few years. Can't really imagine a fast casual pizza chain being much better than they are. Even less of an excuse now for anyone to ever step inside a Pizza Hut again.