The Giants Suck Too

Started by MDS, May 19, 2007, 10:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD

Quote'Broke' Tiki Barber Can't Afford Divorce Settlement After Alleged Affair With NBC Intern

Published June 23, 2010

Troubled former New York Giants superstar Tiki Barber claims he is broke and unable to pay the divorce settlement demanded by the mother of his four children after he was axed from NBC's "Today" show, the New York Post reported Wednesday.

Barber -- who ditched his wife of 11 years, Ginny, for 23-year-old blond former NBC intern Traci Lynn Johnson -- claims his career is in tatters and that he has taken a huge financial hit since his estimated $300,000 NBC contract ended.

Barber has not been on the air in many months -- but sources said his contract was only formally terminated in May.

Network insiders said "Today" show bosses secretly ended their deal with Barber due to a hidden "morality clause" which specified that stars must not be involved in public scandals.

The Post revealed in April how Barber dumped then-eight-months-pregnant wife Ginny for the former intern. Ginny, who also has sons A.J., 7, and Chason, 6, with Barber, gave birth to twin girls last month.

QuoteTeam Tiki: Ex a blood$ucker

Last Updated: 9:58 AM, June 23, 2010

Posted: 12:27 AM, June 23, 2010

Tiki Barber's buddies are blasting claims that the ex-Giants superstar is too broke to pay a divorce settlement demanded by the mother of his four young kids -- saying Ginny Barber is trying to bleed him dry while herself squandering cash.

And a close Barber friend said Ginny's camp has been obsessed with smearing Tiki since he left her for a young blond while the wife was pregnant with twins -- while Tiki has focused on getting shared custody of the kids.

"Ginny wants $150,000 per month from him in alimony'' and child support that outraged pal fumed to The Post's Dan Mangan. "In due time, if Tiki was dumb enough to give her that amount, he would be broke."
Former NFL football player Tiki Barber
UPI
Former NFL football player Tiki Barber

"P.S.: She's hired a baby nurse to take care of the kids for $60,000," the friend said. "And Ginny's legal bill is approximately $75,000 per month to Nancy Chemtob," her lawyer, said the friend.

Another well-place source confirmed those jaw-dropping dollar amounts.

The buddy confirmed that Tiki, who had been working as a NBC's "Today Show" correspondent, has "parted ways with NBC" on the heels of the scandal. That job paid him an estimated $300,000 annually.

Ginny's rep said the claim of a $150,000- per-month alimony demand "is categorically untrue. That number is completely and utterly ridiculous." The rep added, "She does not even have a nanny.''

The rep also denied the amount purportedly paid Chemtob by Ginny.

The Post exclusively revealed in April how Barber dumped his wife of 11 years for 23-year-old former NBC intern Traci Lynn Johnson.

Now he and Ginny -- who delivered twin girls last month -- have struggled in divorce court to reach a settlement. Some sources said Tiki is trying to "low-ball her" and has cried poverty because of the loss of his "Today" gig.

In response, Tiki's agent Mark Lepselter said, "It's very sad, and it would be better if they settled this as amicably as possible."
http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/broke_tiki...N#ixzz0rpHA3cx6

BigEd76

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: BigEd76 on June 25, 2010, 12:19:49 PM
Chad Jones was in a serious car crash this morning

QuoteSource: Doctors trying to save Chad Jones' leg
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 25, 2010 12:36 PM ET
The news regarding Giants safety Chad Jones following his scary car accident on Friday continues to get more sobering.

Per a league source, PFT has learned that doctors are currently working to save Jones' leg.  It was previously reported that Jones fractured his left leg, with arteries and nerves exposed.

Jones remains in critical condition.  We're sure you will all join us in continuing to wish the best for him and his family. 

Seabiscuit36

damn, moral of the story is LSU players have bad luck when driving
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

shorebird

It's bad for Barber, the team he quit won a ring the year after, and now he's so busted ass broke he can't even affort his divorce. HA! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Diomedes

I'd rather see Shockey suffer myself but whatever
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

shorebird

Shockey gots his ring, mutherfargar.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

shorebird

What I mean is we'd all like to see him suffer but the muthafarger now has a Superbowl ring, and made over 3 mil last year for 48 recepts, 569 yds., and 3 td's. Sad but he's doing really well for himself, a hell of a lot better than Barber.

SD

Shockey got a Superbowl ring with the Giants, too.

Diomedes

the glare from two shiny rings can't overcome the dingy slime of being Jeremy Shockey

dirtbag
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

BigEd76

Pierce announced his retirement to become an ESPN NFL guy