Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

no corner can make up for no pass rush in todays nfl....this isnt 1983 and lester hayes or even deion in the 90's

league is totally different...you need good corners no doubt but a lock down corner doesnt win you shtein when the ball is getting tossed all over the field to 8 different pass catchers in spread formations
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Let's say the Eagles secondary was all healthy.  Rank 'em.

Jenkins
Maddox
McLeod
Darby
Douglas
Jones
Cyprien
Sendejo
Ford

IR
LeBlanc - LOL -shouldn't be on the field unless there are men down
Mills - who?  When healthy...is he really any better than Douglas or Darby?  If he comes back healthy, would it be much worse to play him than to play any of the others not named Jenkins?

After Jenkins...I'm hard pressed to list one guy above another...it's a group of #2/#3 players.  I don't know about a 1, a 3 and a secondary  player, but  the squad has one playmaker in Jenkins, an occasional playmaker in Maddox, and....nothing else.

On paper, would be vastly improved by the addition of Ramsey.  Most recent FA secondary additions have not worked out...I'm a little gunshy of them.

Whatever..we'll see

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

really hard to compare safeties and corners but that seems about right except sydney jones is above rasul

you also underrate the frenchmen...he was solid by the end of last year

mills is easily better than douglas...he can actually play outside on a number 1 wr....not saying hes great there or would always be even good but he can handle it...you wouldnt even think of doing that with rasul...rasul isnt even a starting 2CB

Rome

Douglas is a safety or he should be.  The organizational arrogance that keeps him at corner is just stupefying but we've seen it with this team for decades. 

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: Rome on September 20, 2019, 10:47:03 AM
Douglas is a safety or he should be.  The organizational arrogance that keeps him at corner is just stupefying but we've seen it with this team for decades.

I like Douglas at cb against taller wr's, he shouldn't be left on an island to cover speedy wrs with no safety help.

Rome

So outside of the red zone then because he's farging toast out there anywhere else on the field. 

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Eagaholic

Next Dbacks coach? Might keep them from getting burned every week.

phattymatty

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Rome

I have that jacket.  God she was a hot piece back then.