Is anyone else's connection crapping out?

Started by Geowhizzer, April 23, 2005, 11:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm sure you enjoyed those PM's from "Daniel Craig", then.  Enjoyed them heartily.

Rome

PoopyfaceMcGee

reese125

If it is the BLT that crashed, how to you get this puppy resolved?

Rome

Quote from: FFatPatt on August 15, 2006, 11:08:00 AM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on August 15, 2006, 10:05:29 AM
Down for another hour this morning.

That had to be more than an hour.

Nope.  I posted around 9:00 and again around 10:00.

I've been busy this morning with work so it's possible it was down longer than that.

PoopyfaceMcGee

This server up-and-down nonsense is getting ridiculous.  How much does a decent hosting company cost?  More importantly, how much does the current zesty hosting company cost, and what's the difference in price?

I'll bet you could easily raise enough money to make up the difference between the zesty host and the reliable one if you'd just lay it out there and ask.

Sgt PSN

I'd be more than happy to donate tree fitty to the cause if it will help make the board run more smoothly. 

Rome

Sgt PSN

Wingspan

Quote from: FFatPatt on August 15, 2006, 12:42:15 PM
This server up-and-down nonsense is getting ridiculous.  How much does a decent hosting company cost?  More importantly, how much does the current zesty hosting company cost, and what's the difference in price?

I'll bet you could easily raise enough money to make up the difference between the zesty host and the reliable one if you'd just lay it out there and ask.

:-D
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

You laugh, but I'll bet it's not that big a difference in price.

Wingspan

correct, it would be no difference in price to me.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Wingspan on August 15, 2006, 02:05:34 PM
correct, it would be no difference in price to me.

Freeloader.  At least I pretend I'm willing to chip in money.   :deion

Cerevant

Ok, time to show how I earned this score...

Domain is registered with NSI, but it is hosted at DreamHost.  (I would have used the DNS servers at NSI, but the problems haven't been lookup related, so no big deal).  I can't say for sure, but I'm guessing they are springing for the $7.95/mo service, perhaps $15.95/mo if they are running close to the bandwidth cap.

The big question is, what is causing the crash?  Is it the CF code, or someone else's code running on the same server?  If it is the latter, you need to switch providers to someone who keeps tighter reign on the shared servers.  If it is the former...well, bad web geek...no cookie.

You may want to look at 1and1.  Prices are about the same, and they are located in NY.  We had a dedicated server with them at my last job - no problems.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Rome