Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

Ordered Ox tail last night at a Cuban restaurant. Very farging delicious.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Don Ho

Ate at Smash Burger for the first time last week in Denver.  Maybe it was because I was starving but I thought it was really good.  Had the Colorado Burger (how original) - Grilled green chilies, cheddar, pepper jack, lettuce, tomato and mayo on a spicy chipotle bun.  Smash fries were also very good.

Went to 5 Guys my last night there.  OK, nothing great.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

hbionic

I HATE Five-Guys. There's nothing memorable about that burger.

Munson

I had Smash Burger while on Long Island over the holidays...I too thought it was pretty damn good for what was more or less fast food.

5 Guys blows, IMO.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

I liked 5 Guys when it first opened but they raised the prices but about 30% after it was opened a while and the quality took a nose dive.

It's still better than all the other fast food craphole out there.

Zanshin

I have a SmashBurger around the corner from me. Ate there a few times, and it's not bad...but I never find myself running back to it. A little too juicy/greasy for me. There are so many places like that now and they're all practically next to one another. Within a mile, there's the SmashBurger, Five Guys, Bucu Burger, Pop's Burger, Zoom Burger, Johnny Rocket's, Steak and Shake, Bobby's Burger Palace, and other non-chain burger places. They're just everywhere.

hbionic

In-N-Out for the win (in the non-gourmet burger category). Have they made it out east yet?

Zanshin

Not in my burger-saturated area, which makes me believe they have not.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Zanshin on August 21, 2013, 04:28:02 PM
I have a SmashBurger around the corner from me. Ate there a few times, and it's not bad...but I never find myself running back to it. A little too juicy/greasy for me. There are so many places like that now and they're all practically next to one another. Within a mile, there's the SmashBurger, Five Guys, Bucu Burger, Pop's Burger, Zoom Burger, Johnny Rocket's, Steak and Shake, Bobby's Burger Palace, and other non-chain burger places. They're just everywhere.

Ha - the only two that are in my area are Five Guys and Steak and Shake.  I do think there is a Johnny Rockets in the next town over.  We also have a Red Robin.

Rome

Quote from: hbionic on August 21, 2013, 04:59:38 PM
In-N-Out for the win (in the non-gourmet burger category). Have they made it out east yet?

No and thanks for reminding me, icehole.

hbionic

SD

Went to an Indian wedding last night. Their menu is vegan (although the food was bangin) so we went out for food before it started. Wound up at Big Fish grille in Glen Mills. I had the swordfish with pecan crust, potatoes Neva and spinach. I've had worse meals.

I'm shteintin up a storm this morning from the curry

Rome

Never been a fan of Indian food.  Probably the meat and potatoes Irish upbringing.  Spicy food in general doesn't agree with me, though, so I tend to avoid it.

That swordfish sounds excellent, though. 

ice grillin you

theres a bar by wrigley that has the greatest hot dogs ive ever had in my life and they are all you can eat for free
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Tomahawk

The Full Shilling...great bar and excellent hot dogs.