Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

whether it's good or bad you're gonna hear about it

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on June 29, 2011, 07:15:45 PM
Freaking phenomenal chicken nachos and they serve pitchers(!) of margaritas.

lol...wtf.....youve never seen a pitcher of margaritas before?

had an insane meal on tybee island georgia lat night

the single best salad ive ever had....homemade banging ass blue cheese and bacon dressing with pine nuts and sunflower seeds....blackened shrimp and grits....seafood lasagna...and sushi nachos....ridiculous
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

oh and heres part of the menu from a bar we went to today...how super dope is this....

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 30, 2011, 05:04:27 PM
Quote from: Rome on June 29, 2011, 07:15:45 PM
Freaking phenomenal chicken nachos and they serve pitchers(!) of margaritas.

lol...wtf.....youve never seen a pitcher of margaritas before?

had an insane meal on tybee island georgia lat night

the single best salad ive ever had....homemade banging ass blue cheese and bacon dressing with pine nuts and sunflower seeds....blackened shrimp and grits....seafood lasagna...and sushi nachos....ridiculous

This... (!) denotes sarcasm.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

lurking wierdo

If y'all are ever in the Holy City (Charleston, SC) you have to visit Fleet Landing. The 'She Crab" soup is flat out the best food I've ever eaten.

paco

Going to Fogo De Chao for lunch.  If I dont eat at least 5 lbs of red meat, I will consider my time there a failure.
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Just for preparedness, you should schedule a colonoscopy for next week.

Susquehanna Birder

SD

Tipping etiquette at a buffet

I frequent this place up the street from me on the weekends. It's called Andy's Diner, the place has a decent breakfast buffet (biggest farging omelettes you've ever seen) and kids 3 and under eat free. There are two kind of buffets, places like Old Country Buffet where the servers do nothing other than take your empty plates away, then there are places like the place I go to where they bring your drinks to you and take your plates away. At a traditional buffet place like OCB I'll throw a few bucks on the table for the people taking the plates away. For the other buffet place like the one I frequent I'll usually throw the standard tip down (a 5 spot). I figure the waitress is basically doing the same amount of work even if they aren't bringing me my food.

Rome

Depends on the place.  If the service warrants a good tip or they're overtly friendly and professional I'll tip generously.

There's a place here that serves hot meats with a salad bar & hot veggies.  Basically you stand in line, get your salad, meat & veggies then sit your ass down.  The 900 year-old waitresses roll by once every half hour with water & butter then expect a tip.  farg them.  They get the gas face, and I'm as generous a tipper as you'll ever meet.  The only reason we still go there is the food is excellent.  But the servers are worse than you'd get in prison.

Rome

So I stopped by this pizza place for lunch today and wasn't really expecting a whole lot.  It's a huge place that doubles as a sports bar.  Nice interior and kinda rustic... sort of like a ski lodge.

Anyway, they had wood-fired ovens which are basically non-existent down here and that more than anything caused me to give it a shot.

I got this pizza called the Popeye Pie.  It had grilled chicken, mushrooms, spinach, grilled onions, san marzano red sauce, and mozzarella & shredded parmesan cheese.

Holy shtein it was incredible.  Best part was I got two huge slices and a Coke for 5 bucks.

If for some reason you dopes are anywhere near here, I highly recommend it.

http://www.bigplanetpizza.com/Menu.html

SD

That sounds farging delicious

The last time I was in Florida (2007) I ordered from some place called Joe's or some shtein, one of the best pizzas I ever ate. Every wop in my family agreed.

Rome

I'm the first to admit I'm a picky, whiny little bitch when it comes to food, especially pizza.

These bastiches killed it.  I still can't believe how good it was.

phattymatty

i hit a place today thats claim to fame is new haven style pizza. being the idiot that i am i ordered a slice of new haven without asking what it was. looked like it had little pieces of mushroom all over it but it ended up being clams. sounds gross but was actually pretty good. not the type of shtein where you want to pound a whole pie of it but i'd eat it again.