Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Susquehanna Birder

Sgt PSN

Quote from: smeags on December 11, 2015, 09:28:18 AM
Luv me some biscuits and gravy, just not sure where to get any around me. I guess bob evans or cracker barrel maybe ?

I have no clue, especially since I don't go to either of those places.  You def don't see then on many menus up here though.  Squaw makes really good b&g but my nana's is the goat.

PhillyPhreak54

I am not a big biscuits and gravy person but I'll eat them from time to time...but only when it is cold out. They're like chili...make me feel full as hell.

There are a couple hole in the wall joints around here to get good stuff.

Sgt PSN

Just remembered that Hardee's had them on their menu and are pretty good. Not to many of them in the NE anymore though. I think the closest one to me is heading down towards Harrisburg.....shtein hole town called Duncannon on 11/15.  There's a big truck stop there, which probably explains why there's also a Hardee's.

PhillyPhreak54

There is a little Chinese place by my house that is prob the best I've ever had. Just got some sesame chicken and holy jeez it's great. They make it fresh each day.

Sgt PSN

Speaking of....went to this Thai place in Bloomsburg like 2 weeks ago. Everyone around here raves about the place, so we gave it a go.

Calamari was rubbery in some places.  Their sweet and spices sauce was off the charts good though.

Pork dumplings were burned...pretty bad. And they came out like 15 min after the calamari. They looked/tasted like something from the frozen food section at Acme. I smothered them in the dipping sauce that came with it.

I ordered ginger duck, squaw ordered curry duck. I'd like to tell you if it was good or not, but we left after waiting about an hour and 10 minutes for it to come out. Waitress said it takes longer to cook duck. That may be true but I've never waited over an hour for duck.  And any half assed joint is going to let you know if a particular dish takes longer to prepare. I don't mind waiting for my meal, just let me know when I order. Also would have been helpful had we seen the waitress. She must have been chilling in the kitchen the entire time. Only checked on us once.  Gonna guess that we didn't miss out on much though given the poor quality of the appetizers.

In short, can't trust Pennsyltuckians to know quality ethnic food.

Susquehanna Birder

You probably should have gone to a place run by actual Thais.

I'd vouch for most of the Vietnamese places in this part of the world.

Sgt PSN

Oh, they were definitely Thai, they just served bad appetizers and have terrible service.

Susquehanna Birder

I'm thinking they were Cambodians, trying to subvert the Thai foothold in the local metropolis.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Maybe when Sarge finally gets off the toilet.

phattymatty

Mind blown that Bloomsburg doesn't have amazing ethnic food.

rjs246

I didn't even know that Bloomsberg existed outside of the fair. Do carney funnel cakes count as foreign cuisine?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

I beleive it does. And fair food is the bomb. Not gonna lie, I grab a gyro from 1 of the 500 John The Greek stands at the fair every year. Things are massive.

Side note:  Bloom Fair is one of the greatest collections of MA white people I've ever seen, including the time I lived in MA.