farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: bobbyinlondon on March 19, 2006, 02:51:08 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on March 19, 2006, 08:47:56 AM
I heard ESPN talking about Parcells not being there for the PC.  Apparently, he has been MIA for others in the past (Bledsoe and Glenn were specifically mentioned), so I don't think it's as big a deal as some media is portraying it to be.

No, he wasn't there, but he DID make a public statement a day after both were signed. The fact that he hasn't said anything is a mystery. And, as Owens himself said, he hasn't talked to Parcells yet. Don't you think, as the article says, that if Parcells was totally on board with this, he'd have at least had 1 conversation with him? Another thing is that Glenn, Keyshawn, and Bledsoe ALL played for Parcells before--Owens has no such history.

bobby that post was the $money$.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Let's face it, folks... As much as we'd love to see this blow up before the 2006 season even starts, we all know that it will take at least a bad start to the regular season for the Pukes or longer.

The BIGSTUD

The first season with the Eagles wasn't blow-up free even. You had TO at the Steelers game, and then when McNabb said the team can still win without TO, that is when things really started to turn sour. Not after the Superbowl.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

MDS

too bad we'll never know their opinion on this.....
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

The BIGSTUD

Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

mooby

lol at that picture.

That rap song on T.O.'s website is the gheyist shtein i've ever heard. "I'm a cowboy, now they're gonna be saying wow boy".

mussa

even his so called rap is self-indulgent.  he doesn't give a farg about winning. he just wants to score TD's and dance and cash the checks.  like murp said the rivalry has just gotten that much more intense.  i can't fargin wait, i can't fargin wait, i can't fargn wait!
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Sgt PSN

Dallas is referred to as "big blue" in that song.  Um, I thought Big Blue was the Gints.  :-D

The BIGSTUD

TO also referred to the Eagles as black and green. What are we, Oregon?

Feva

Someone kill that evil piece of shtein.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

hunt

Quote from: MURP on March 19, 2006, 01:46:35 PM

On the football end of things, the Cowturds got a whole lot better.   People say Bledsoe sucks ... well in two games against the Eagles last year he put up 490 yards, 4 TD's 1 int and the Eagles only sacked him two times.   He has Julius Jones, Jason Witten, TO and Terry Glenn for weapons around him.

yep...the TO/glenn combo at wr is damn good & bledsoe can put up good numbers when he has time.  this gives dallas the best wr combo in the division, imo...and the eagles might have the worst.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

MadMarchHare

Dallas Telegram-Star pipes in.

QuoteFace it, a snake can't shed his skin with a new teamBy RANDY GALLOWAYStar-Telegram Staff WriterIRVING -- A beaming Jerry Jones pulled the string, unleashing Saturday afternoon the biggest snake in the NFL's sack.
Terrell Owens, the football reptile from hell, slithered into Valley Ranch, beginning for the Cowboys what amounts to an initial $10 million experiment in behavioral rehabilitation.
Try not to be shocked, but Owens never uttered a hiss, or flashed fangs, as he was introduced to the far-flung Silver Star Nation.
He attempted to position himself as a real nice fellow, misunderstood by many, but a guy who had learned his lessons and didn't want to dwell on the past.
Terrell wanted it known that this time he had come to embrace the star instead of slam dancing on it.
And to emphasize the point, Owens turned to Jones at the media conference and said, "I know what is expected, and I won't let you down."
And, of course, if anyone around here is tempted to believe any of that bunk, remember that Andy Reid has a cracked head in Philadelphia that matches the city's cracked bell.
None of what was heard Saturday jibes with Owens' lengthy rap sheet.
His loot-and-burn mentality stretches from San Francisco to Baltimore to Philly.
Looking at it from afar, what Owens did to other teams was funny.
But now, it's personal. This has become the Cowboys' mistake waiting to happen.
For what it's worth, Jones must have said "I'm sensitive" to this or that about a dozen times as he attempted to explain the Cowboys' thought process in signing Owens.
Yes, he is well aware a vast segment of his fan base loathes this player like no other jock in any sport.
"I am concerned," Jerry said about the reaction of his paying customers. "I want them to understand the logic. It's very important that the fans don't think I just don't care [what they think]."
The logic, however, is easy.
Owens is one great football player. Probably the best receiver in the league. Owens is also one miserable human being.
The Cowboys hope to cash in on the football part, short-term, and then pray that Owens doesn't plunge off the deep end after what figures to be a productive initial season.
The contract points to that.
Overall, Saturday was maybe the richest day ever for an NFL receiver.
Owens received a three-year deal worth $25 million.
But only $10 million is guaranteed for 2006. And then the Cowboys have the option to pay out the remaining $15 mil over the last two years.
Anyway, quickly flushed was the league-wide assumption that Owens is such a rat, no team would throw big money at him after what happened in Philadelphia.
Agent Drew Rosenhaus was spouting off during and after the media conference about seven teams bidding for Owens' services. Definitely consider the source here, but regardless, Rosenhaus delivered a deal with the Cowboys that seemed impossible for Owens back in January.
Is Jones a fool for doing this?
Yes.
But at least he was wise enough Saturday not to label Owens "the final piece" to a Super Bowl run.
"This is about moving the ball better on offense," said Jerry, which is kinda funny if you think about it. But at least it was a logical answer.
What made no sense Saturday was the absence of coach Bill Parcells.
Jerry said Bill wasn't there because he had other plans. Apparently, Parcells is still in Florida, visiting his pal Tony La Russa in the St. Louis Cardinals spring training camp.
Let it be known Parcells normally attends no media conferences to announce free-agent signings.
But this wasn't introducing his pals, like Keyshawn Johnson or Drew Bledsoe.
This was the devil who had arrived at Valley Ranch.
Mainly, Parcells was needed to give his approval to this transaction, otherwise people might think Owens was railroaded into town by Mr. Jones. Imagine that.
Jerry, therefore, had to speak on Bill's behalf.
"Take it at face value," said Jerry. "Bill was very much involved, and was part of the decision making from the get-go."
Rosenhaus piped up to say he'd personally had "many" conversations with Parcells during these negotiations.
Owens, however, noted his lone contact with Parcells was in a phone conversation. What, no face to face, come-to-Jesus meeting by the head coach? Strange, considering Owens' past.
Then again, sources did back up Jones' version of the signing, saying Parcells was totally for bringing in Owens.
Which leads to another touchy subject.
If, as rumored, Bill plans on coaching for only one more season, why would he care if by 2007 Owens has burned down Valley Ranch? Sure, he could have been for this deal. What would Parcells have to lose, long-range?
"The one-more-year question [for Parcells] was not a part of any of this," said Jones, "and nobody is going to burn down this place as long as I'm here."
That's also what they said about Owens in Philly not long ago.
History tells us the biggest lies ever told at Valley Ranch happened in 1994, when the Jimster and Jerry stood on the same stage and said their parting was friendly.
I didn't believe it then, and I didn't believe what was heard Saturday.
This is Terrell Owens. Why would anyone believe him?
Ha.
Anyone but Reid.

PhillyPhreak54

He said the same shtein yesterday that he said in Philadelphia 2 years ago.

New start...

Good teammate...

Not my fault...

Can't wait to play with this QB...

PhillyGirl

And the fans and players are saying the same things too.

He's worth the risk.

Did they miss the past year and a half?

Meanwhile, TO never shtein on the Eagles before coming here. He shtein all over the Cowboys and their fans every time he played them.

Cowboys fans who are TO fans now are about the most repulsive things around.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Well we pulled the same stuff even with what he did in Frisco and what those people we saying....we got a great year, then shtein blew up.

Personally, I have sneaking feeling things might work. I mean, the key to TO is money. And if he keeps in line, he'll get it. HowEVA, theres a good shot he won't get the ball thrown to him as much as he wants and Dallas might not win. Even with the money, TO could still blow up.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.