TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

There's a bunch of theories online, some I haven't considered. The director said if they're approved for a season 2 it'll answer most of the season one questions.

Rome

The Man In The High Castle is sensational. 

rjs246

Quote from: SD on January 05, 2017, 06:32:17 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on January 03, 2017, 09:49:55 AM
The OA was farging weird, but as long as you can completely suspend your disbelief it was totally enjoyable.

Not that you post much but what is your interpretation of the ending? I'm sort of baffled.

I'm the wrong person to ask. I like open-ended plot lines and unresolved story threads. The thing that pissed me off the most about Westworld was the fact that they've resolved the huge majority of the show's mysteries already. I watched every single episode of Lost except for the series finale. I just don't need mysteries to be resolved if the experience of watching the show is a good one.

I thought the end was ambiguous enough to leave us guessing, but could also be exactly the path that the OA was leading us down from the beginning. Maybe she got what she was working for. Or maybe she didn't. I don't care, it was fun getting there.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

so you loved titanic?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

Quote from: Rome on January 08, 2017, 01:23:38 PM

agreed. both seasons are top notch.

finished goliath, kind of like better call saul on roids. great show IMO. amazon is putting together a really good run of shows.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

I'm 7 episodes in, not really sure if I like it enough to continue. Is there a decent payoff at some point or does it dreg on?

ice grillin you

just finished Horace and Pete...started off a tad slow but holy shtein were ep's 3/4 thru ten farging amazing

smeags

Quote from: SD on January 09, 2017, 07:41:42 PM

I'm 7 episodes in, not really sure if I like it enough to continue. Is there a decent payoff at some point or does it dreg on?

you finish out the season ?

SD

No I'm honestly waiting on a response to my question before I invest another 3 hours.

smeags

Quote from: SD on January 10, 2017, 11:11:31 AM
No I'm honestly waiting on a response to my question before I invest another 3 hours.

I felt the payoff was worth it, but that's just my opinion. I think the 2nd season may have been better than season 1.

QB Eagles

That show doesn't really have highs and lows IMHO. 3/5 stars every episode. Incredible setting, kinda by-the-numbers writing, main characters I don't care about at all who have a tendency to do stupid shtein.

hunt

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on January 03, 2017, 10:59:13 AM
Yeah, I'm hoping it gets better. But it's a long shot.

I like the idea of a less than gorgeous female lead, and I think her street-wise partner is probably the most interesting character in the show. He's probably be good leading something that wasn't so sluggishly paced.

season 1 was great...as igy said, the actor who played the father was amazing.
season 2 was good...far-fetched, but good since it was a carry over from season 1... the last ep was a  :o moment for me.
season 3 on felt rushed...but i liked the 2 main characters so i stuck with it.  (series finale made no sense, though). 
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

hunt

oh, and the actor who plays holder was in the suicide squad movie.  :paranoid  and had a role on house of cards as well.
so he seems to be doing okay...mostly.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

Quote from: hunt on January 10, 2017, 03:27:08 PM
oh, and the actor who plays holder was in the suicide squad movie.  :paranoid  and had a role on house of cards as well.
so he seems to be doing okay...mostly.

he was robocop

smeags

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 10, 2017, 03:15:16 PM
That show doesn't really have highs and lows IMHO. 3/5 stars every episode. Incredible setting, kinda by-the-numbers writing, main characters I don't care about at all who have a tendency to do stupid shtein.

I agree to a point, the american/resistance characters and Nazi joe are kind of meh, but obergruppenführer john smith & both inspector kido & nobusuke tagomi are great characters IMO.

both imdb & RT have it rated pretty high.

im a bit biased though as I love the alternate history storyline.