TV Shows

Started by Wingspan, June 27, 2006, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

just ran through horace and pete, louie ck's show he did on his website that is now on hulu. very good. very dark. not very funny. basically a filmed play. its different. i recommend it.

with that i can crack out my yearly in no particular order top 10 list. bear in mind anything remotely sci fi/nerdy i dont even attempt to watch.

horace and pete
atlanta
oj espn doc
oj fx miniseries
sam bee
veep
billy on the street
bojack horseman
organe is the new black
better call saul
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Anyone watching Mars on NatGeo?  I really like the way they've gone about telling the story, jumping back and forth from modern day planning to futuristic execution. 

ice grillin you

as much as breaking bad was incredibly overrated the end of s3 e7 was amazing even if the killer walking back to his car for an axe was so dumb
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

watched epds 1-3 of season 2 of the man in the high castle. really good. :yay
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

I binged-watched "Travelers" on Netflix today.  Mostly ok time travel sci-fi bullshtein.  No sexy sex, though.  Not the worst way to spend a day crashed out on the couch after an epic weekend of liver bruising.  I'd give it a B-.

Sgt PSN

I just watched like 6 eps of some pos show called Killing Fields. It's supposed to be the real time unfolding of a cold case murder investigation in whatever shtein hole town LSU is in or near. It's real in the sense that the case is real and the cops on the show are real, but it's far from real. Seems to me like they are dramatizing the show on the fly. Like if they interview someone, there's no cameras rolling for that but then they immediately re-create the interview and dramatize it for the cameras. At least that's the way it comes off to me. And if this show is to be beleived, then to the surprise of no one, small town law enforcement in Louisiana is completely inept.

smeags

season 2 of the man in the high castle was excellent.

going to check out goliath next.

rjs246

The OA was farging weird, but as long as you can completely suspend your disbelief it was totally enjoyable.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

smeags

the OA is another show I have queued to watch.

also, caught part of the GOT marathon hbo was running, watched hardhome from season 5, and battle of the bastiches from season 6.

GOT really puts you in the holiday spirit.

Susquehanna Birder

Been watching The Killing. Saw the first two seasons a while back, and only realized that they have 3 and 4 now available. Not terrible, with a couple of interesting characters...but often the pace is way too slow. And it has plot twists that are confusing and unbelievable. Other than that, I like it...hahaha.

ice grillin you

i thought the killing was a fairly interesting whodunit the first season but holy shtein did it turn into unwatchable dreck after that

Susquehanna Birder

Yeah, I'm hoping it gets better. But it's a long shot.

I like the idea of a less than gorgeous female lead, and I think her street-wise partner is probably the most interesting character in the show. He's probably be good leading something that wasn't so sluggishly paced.

ice grillin you

my favorite on the show was by far the father....really both parents were great but the father was amazing

SD

Quote from: rjs246 on January 03, 2017, 09:49:55 AM
The OA was farging weird, but as long as you can completely suspend your disbelief it was totally enjoyable.

Not that you post much but what is your interpretation of the ending? I'm sort of baffled.

Susquehanna Birder

Yeah, it pretty much leaves you guessing. But I suppose that's a good thing.