The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

His salary the next two eyars is low but the cap hit is like 6+ mil I think
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: Geowhizzer on January 06, 2013, 02:21:14 PM
Briere could be the second one.  He's actually got the highest cap hit on the team if I'm not mistaken.

They have an abundance of young forwards and he's up there in age. I wouldn't mind keeping him around at a lower price for the playoffs.

ice grillin you

i still havent done any investigating to see if this is the case but i was watching csn balt/dc last night and one of the questions that came up was if the caps would amnesty anyone right away...the answer by the guest analyst was no but maybe this summer

now this is caps coverage which is beyond woeful and uninformed but if what they were saying is true it sounds like you willbe able to amnesty players immediately
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

everything i have read is that you can't amnesty players until next year.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

That's why the cap is remaining as high as it is, although I assume it's going to be prorated for a 50 game season.

SunMo

so basically bryz has 50 games and playoffs to prove why he deserves that contract.  and i don't think there are numbers good enough for him to put up that would justify not buying him out.

SunMo

there is no advantage to buying out Pronger...i hope they do Bryz and Hartnell.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on January 07, 2013, 08:49:43 AM

I completely agree! You are very smart at sports things.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on January 07, 2013, 08:49:43 AM

was just reading that you arent even allowed to amnesty a player on litr
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Yeah, Pronger hasn't improved in the least bit, so he's essentially Rathje'd.  Just wondering if they allow that anymore.  I'm fine with Hartnell surprisingly.  Now I'm sure when he shows up to camp at 270, i'll be screaming to cut him. 

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

The consensus on CSN Philly was that it's gonna be Rangers/Kings for the Cup and Stamkos is gonna win the Hart

SunMo

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 07, 2013, 09:47:19 AM
Yeah, Pronger hasn't improved in the least bit, so he's essentially Rathje'd.  Just wondering if they allow that anymore.  I'm fine with Hartnell surprisingly.  Now I'm sure when he shows up to camp at 270, i'll be screaming to cut him. 

he had a really good year last year, but he's 31 and they gave him a 6 year deal.  that is farging madness

Seabiscuit36

I hear ya, but Power Forwards best years are typically in this age range.  My main issue with Hartnell was always his conditioning.  He seemed to get it with Jagr last year.  Ultimately, 6 years for Hartnell is just another Homer Gem. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

i know some of you weirdos are hockey freaks but im getting the sense no one gives a flying farg that its back

the nhl is basically on mls levels at this point
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

Dallas Stars ‏@DallasStars
At least our #9 got the job done..... RT:" @DallasCowboys Similarly in the category of nobody-cares...the NHL is back!" pic.twitter.com/06y0e6iG