The Rest of the NHL

Started by BigEd76, August 01, 2005, 02:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

QuoteMichael Grange ‏@michaelgrange
A couple of encouraging details: #NHL has agreed to two compliance buyouts/team in 2013-14; and variance on contracts in 20% range now

bye bye Bryz! and maybe Brierre?

Pronger will just rot on the LTIR
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

if anyone wants a little hockey fix the last ten minutes of usa sweden gold medal junior game is on nhl network now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Looks like the NHL is coming back
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412844

I couldn't be less excited

And I don't see anything about an amnesty clause which would really suck ass

Geowhizzer

My son (9) is estatic.  Somehow hockey has become his favorite sport, and I had promised to take him to a Flyers-Panthers game this year (before the lockout).

Honestly I could not care any less, and I have always been a big hockey guy.  Definitely not paying any money for a TV package.

SD

The TSN link doesn't say anything about the amnesty clause but Sportsrise said there is one and they specifically mentioned buying out Bryzaster.

I'd be fine suffering with Leighton as the starter for the shortened season if it meant getting that Russian dufus off the team.

Rome

Quote from: SD on January 06, 2013, 09:05:44 AMBryzaster.

No matter how many times I see this it makes me laugh. 

SD

My buddy told me the amnesty stuff doesn't kick in until next season meaning we'll probably have to suffer with the Russian dufus this season. Thankfully it's a shortened one.

QB Eagles

— The CBA will run for 10 years through 2021-22, with an option to terminate the deal after eight years.

— Players receive defined benefit pension plan.

— Owners and players split revenue 50-50 each season, with the players receiving US$300 million in deferred "make-whole payments" to ease the transition from previous system.

— A pro-rated salary cap of $70.2-million for the shortened 2012-13 season followed by a salary cap of $64.3-million in 2013-14. The salary floor will be set at $44 million for both years.

— Seven-year limit on free-agent contracts (eight-year limit when a team signs its own player to an extension).

— A maximum salary variance of 35 per cent from year to year, with no more than a 50 per cent total difference between any two seasons in the contract.

— Teams can only walk away from a player in salary arbitration who is awarded at least $3.5 million.

— Each team will be given the option of two "amnesty buyouts" that can be used to terminate contracts prior to the 2013-14 season or 2014-15 season. The buyouts will cost two-thirds of the remaining amount on a deal — paid evenly over twice its remaining length — and will count against the players' overall share in revenues, but not the individual team's salary cap.

— Revenue sharing between teams increased to $200 million annually.

— Unrestricted free agency continues to open on July 1.

— The participation of NHLers in future Olympics has yet to be determined. The decision will be made outside of the CBA.

— The minimum salary starts at $525,000 and reaches $750,000 for the 9th and 10th years of the new CBA.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on January 06, 2013, 10:55:39 AM
My buddy told me the amnesty stuff doesn't kick in until next season meaning we'll probably have to suffer with the Russian dufus this season. Thankfully it's a shortened one.

is the amnesty thing a definite?

its the only thing that matters in the whole deal
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 06, 2013, 11:09:26 AM
Quote from: SD on January 06, 2013, 10:55:39 AM

is the amnesty thing a definite?

its the only thing that matters in the whole deal

I'm still trying to get word but you're correct it is the only thing that matters. That and them actually admitting what a farg up the dufus is and actually using it.

Rome

Seabiscuit36

So amnesty is gonna happen, do they end up buying out Pronger too? 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on January 06, 2013, 12:37:22 PM
So amnesty is gonna happen, do they end up buying out Pronger too?

Can't he just rot on LTIR?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Geowhizzer

Briere could be the second one.  He's actually got the highest cap hit on the team if I'm not mistaken.