Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by MDS, April 20, 2016, 02:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 29, 2016, 01:26:24 PM
did he say that a week ago?....or did he say something new?

He said it a week ago then apologized (sorta) for it today. 

Basically he was willing to disparage Wentz after he beat two lousy teams, yet was unwilling to praise him until he's played three years in the NFL. 

You know, logic and shtein. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: General_Failure on September 29, 2016, 01:30:39 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on September 29, 2016, 01:27:53 PM
Without looking it up, I'd define "fool's gold" as treasure stumbled upon by a lucky fool.

I don't think that's right. Not even half right. Pyrite.

Haha. Nice.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

IGY don't give a farg, Eagles have been to the playoffs in over half of the past 22 seasons. It's all good.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

Quote from: hbionic on December 05, 2016, 01:10:51 AM
IGY don't give a farg, Eagles have been to the playoffs in over half of the past 22 seasons. It's all good.

how will you ever decide between two LA teams
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

There'll  be plenty of seats to help with that decision.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

mmqb

Quote1. Wentz wagon stuck in neutral. If you are reasonable, you probably knew Eagles QB Carson Wentz couldn't maintain the torrid five-game pace he was keeping through Columbus Day. But this thing, statistically, has gone the other way all together. After Week 5, Wentz's passer rating was sixth in the NFL, at 103.5, and he'd thrown seven touchdown passes against a single interception. Over the eight weeks since, he ranks 29th and last among qualifying quarterbacks with a 70.5 rating, having thrown five touchdown passes against 10 picks, and taken 19 sacks.
What gives? Defensive coordinators have tape on him. They know how the Eagles made him comfortable early. And that's helped them make him uncomfortable now. Defenses are sitting on the short stuff, pinning him in the pocket, and forcing him to go deeper into his progressions. That has affected his accuracy, and more specifically revealed Wentz's tendency to miss receivers high.
"If you watch Wentz—watch him against Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Chicago—the guy can move, he's a good athlete," said one rival defensive coordinator who's faced him. "So you have to change coverages and blitzes on the kid. Make the coverages look like blitzes and the blitzes look like coverages, You get him to pat the ball, get him to his second and third progressions, and he loses some accuracy." This particular coach then added, "That said, I think he's gonna be really good." And the Eagles agree. One Philly source put it bluntly in saying, "We knew this would happen."
Here are the three main reasons why: 1) The Eagles did things early to get Wentz going (namely getting him on the move and getting him easy completions) that they knew other teams would eventually take away; 2) The Lane Johnson suspension was looming, and it has made a huge difference up front; and 3) the Eagles knew they need another playmaker to help Wentz, and they plan to get him one in 2017. So that, at least in part, explains why he's trailing the likes of Case Keenum, Brock Osweiler and Blake Bortles in passer rating over the past eight weeks. But going through it has been valuable, and it's not like he hasn't gotten better through it. According to the guys working with him, he's improved his base and his stride mechanically, and is showing an increasing willingness to check the ball down when his reads aren't there. It just takes time, which the Eagles will, of course, give him. And the expectation is that they'll get a little more out of him at home this week against Washington.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Lol at another weapon.  Really?   Ya think??

SD

I have zero doubt in my mind that Wentz will be a top 10 QB as soon as he has an above average line and half way decent receivers.

QB Eagles

Quotethe Eagles knew they need another playmaker to help Wentz, and they plan to get him one in 2017

lol at "another" and "one"

MDS

Quote from: SD on December 08, 2016, 11:16:25 AM
I have zero doubt in my mind that Wentz will be a top 10 QB as soon as he has an above average line and half way decent receivers.

hes line isnt that bad...the only game where it killed him was the first wash game when vaitai was a trainwreck. could it be better? sure. lane would be nice. so would an improvement from kelce.

but protection issues havent really killed him. throwing to hot garbage that cant catch has. consider this

QuoteEli Manning & Carson Wentz are both 285 for 452 passing for the season. Eli has 196 more yds, 10 more TDs.

gee i wonder where those extra yards and tds are coming from
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

His o line has been ok, most of his passes are short routes so of course protection looks like it's alright. I'd say they're average at best.

Rome

Seriously.  Look, Wentz might be a disaster in the future but Trey Burton is his most reliable target at this point.  How can anything be judged fairly in terms of his future potential with that sort of dreck?

smeags

the oline def needs improving. even if he had wr's that got open downfield he'd have issues getting enough time to throw.

that said yeah, the guy needs weapons around him. I mean, id be happy with one at this point.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it