Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by MDS, April 20, 2016, 02:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Quote from: smeags on September 20, 2016, 10:26:53 AM
the real test is this sunday, we all knew that when the team announced he was starting from day 1.

I disagree with that. Starting against the Browns with minimal advance notice and preseason experience after coming out of Podunk U was a major test that most rookies (i.e. Jared Goff) would have failed. The Steelers are definitely a different type of test (though their defense is not really all that great), but Week 1 under those conditions and Week 2 on the road on a national stage are legit accomplishments.

Sgt PSN

Agreed. Pittsburgh may offer the toughest test to date, but let's not minimize what he's been able to do his first 2 games.  And this game will be won or lost by the defense more so than Wentz, imo.

smeags

not saying the first two wins aren't legit, but both those teams stink and there will be those who question wentz until the team defeats a defense that isn't giving up 25+ points a game.

regardless of any of that, this kid has played very, very well to this point.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

He's 2-0 and he's exceeded expectations and I guess that's more than any of us can ask especially with who he's forced to play with. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: smeags on September 20, 2016, 11:13:37 AM
there will be those who question wentz until the team defeats a defense that isn't giving up 25+ points a game. 

cleveland and chicagos problem was their offenses not their defenses

pittsburghs secondary is pedestrian at best...im not saying wentz is going to light them up but its not their defense that worries me its their offense putting up 40+
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 20, 2016, 10:36:51 AM
Agreed. Pittsburgh may offer the toughest test to date, but let's not minimize what he's been able to do his first 2 games.  And this game will be won or lost by the defense more so than Wentz, imo.

pitt is the test for the defense

wentz has been outrageous....they need more talent certainly and wont be able to get that for 1-2 years, but that hick can play
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

smeags

Quote from: Rome on September 20, 2016, 11:19:41 AM
He's 2-0 and he's exceeded expectations and I guess that's more than any of us can ask especially with who he's forced to play with. 

he's definitely exceeded all expectations. the talent you can see, it's there, but beyond that, the kid seems to have the "it" factor. his command and poise is impressive. I doubt he will ever blame the team's issues on their "youth" or barf in the huddle.

I do agree that this week is more about the defense vs the steelers offense though.

Eagles_Legendz

PFF on top rookies through 2 games:

1. Carson Wentz, QB, Eagles
We're not going to crown Carson Wentz just yet—a lot of quarterbacks are going to looks like All-Pros against the Browns and Bears this year—but if Rookie of the Year voting were to end today, it wouldn't be particularly close. Wentz isn't just the highest-graded rookie, he's the highest graded quarterback in the entire league. His stats aren't overwhelming (they'd look better if he didn't have the second-most yards lost through the air due to drops, with 89), but he's doing so many things well that it seems incredible there were so many skeptics during draft season—myself included.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah she does

He looks like he could pass for a ginger amish dude

smeags

I guess that's her in the bikini pic ? igy isn't kidding, she looks too young.

but hey, red solo cup means fun times.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Butchers Bill

What kind of elementary schools are you fools trolling that makes you think she looks like a 9 year old??  Maybe it's because I work with a bunch of 20-somethings, but she looks like a typical millennial to me.
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Sgt PSN

Lol.  There's definitely a couple pics where she looks super young....like early teens.  And there's a few where she looks 19 or 20.  Regardless, she's boring as hell in terms of her appearance and lis probably an awful lay.  Wentz needs to take advantage of his high stock right now and trade up. 

smeags

id take a run at the chick on the left in the bikini pic.