Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i dont know how old...but they had brown spots on probably 30% of their surface
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

went to this little street festival in DC last night called lamb jam...like 25-30 of the top dc restaurants all were trying to win awards for the best lamb dishes. all you can eat and drink for 3 hours. i had lamb sticky buns, lamb banh mis, lamb heart tacos, all kinds of weird awesome stuff. they also had bourbon slurpees. my guts are a mess this morning but holy shtein was some of the food good.

ice grillin you

this is the very end of a massive piece of salmon i grilled tonight.....shtein was straight butter

Sgt PSN

I think the salmon cost more than the grill.  At least you're using charcoal though.  Good job.   

ice grillin you

Sgt PSN

Oh, what's the white goo (insert gay jokes here) on the side?  Looks like plain old sour cream.

ice grillin you

it definitely is....i put dill in it after the pic...

Sgt PSN

Never tried that.  Then again, I just acquired a taste for sour cream within the last few years. 

When I grill, I usually just put some teriyaki on it or I'll just grill it plain with a little basil and oregano seasoning. I melt some butter and blue cheese on the side and just spoon a little on top when the salmon comes off the grill.   

My girl makes this pretty bomb ass baked salmon with a honey dijon glaze thingy on it. 

ice grillin you

its funny you say that because im not a grilled fish expert...and when looking for a salmon recipe i could find one that didnt include soy sauce...and i hate chinese food....so i made up my own marinade....oil lemon balsimic and rosemary from my garden

Sgt PSN

If you don't like soy sauce you could just not use it in the recipe. 

ice grillin you

SD

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 03, 2012, 11:11:32 PM
this is the very end of a massive piece of salmon i grilled tonight.....shtein was straight butter

Looks money. I'd also say you have a Weber grill, and charcoal is the only way to properly grill fish. Only suggestion I can make is to plank that shtein. Sooooo farging good.

http://www.weber.com/grillout/recipes/seafood/cedar-planked-salmon-with-coriander-citrus-glaze
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyPhanInDC

I also just noticed the hinged grate - do you smoke anything in your Weber? I make smoked ribs and chicken in my kettle all the time.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

yeah i saw all the plank recipes but i was to scared to try and pull that off.....also doesnt the wood block the fire to the point you dont get that little char from the flame

also where do you get the wood?...at a hardware store?