Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunt

Quote from: smeags on March 16, 2016, 08:50:23 AM
Ain't no uncle Tom's here man.
:-D

i know it's cool to hate on chain restaurants, anything that's mass produced, & pretty much everything that's popular...but if you like the food, eat there.  don't feel guilty.  do what you want.  this is 'merica!
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

smeags

Hey man, it's rare but I will rip through a QPC at Mickey D's. So damn good.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

hunt

Quote from: smeags on March 16, 2016, 11:08:22 AM
Hey man, it's rare but I will rip through a QPC at Mickey D's. So damn good.

true story...i chipped my tooth on one those a few years ago.  :-D 
i'm with you though...sometimes you're in a hurry & looking for something quick/convenient to stuff in your face.  i don't always have time to seek out some obscure,  locally owned place where the owners serve food cooked in their own kitchen with locally grown, organic ingredients & serve rare microbrews. 

smeags

hunt

Quote from: smeags on March 16, 2016, 11:41:33 AM
Obviously that makes you a major MA.  :paranoid

would it have helped if i said "toof" instead of "tooth"?   :paranoid

smeags

You may need to check with the resident MA investigator on that one.

ice grillin you

Quote from: hunt on March 16, 2016, 10:54:18 AM

i know it's cool to hate on chain restaurants, anything that's mass produced, & pretty much everything that's popular...but if you like the food, eat there.  don't feel guilty.  do what you want.  this is 'merica!

its not so much that its cool its that fast food restaurants are by and large atrocious as are chains....if they made good food that would be one thing...the problem is MA thinks its actually good because they have never had good food
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: smeags on March 16, 2016, 08:25:57 AM
You fatasses know you can buy the biscuit mix in the stores, right?

Yup. We make them maybe 2 or 3 times throughout the year. Yesterday was probably the 2nd time in the last 10 years I've been in a RL.  It's nice to have at least 1 thing to enjoy when going to those places. I really can't think of any other chain joint that has so much as a single item that I would consider a silver lining for having to go there. I guess the bread at Outback isn't completely zesty.  I hear they've got banging kids meals though.

Quote from: Rome on March 16, 2016, 09:18:26 AM
If someone can explain Jersey Mike's or Subway's existence in Philly or South Jersey, I'd appreciate it. 

Thx.

If Subway and Ruby Tuesday and Dominoes can exist in the heart of NYC,  then Jersey Mike's and Subway aren't going to struggle to survive in Philly.

Anyone remember a small, local chain called Philly Steaks?  Pretty sure they're all gone now. I remember one opened in Norristown when I was like 6. I think it was out of business by the time I turned 7 or 8.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: hunt on March 16, 2016, 10:54:18 AM

All in all, I agree. If you like it, do your thing. I certainly don't look down on people who like chain joints. I don't avoid them because I think the food is bad...it's usually not. Most of the times I've eaten in chains the food is tasty and I enjoy the meal.  But it's also largely forgettable.  I've never been wowed by a chain meal.  If you ask me what menu items I've had from Applebee's, I couldn't tell you because I forgot about the meal by the time I got home.  I avoid them because (a) I'd much rather support a local restaurant over a corporation,, and (b) the mom and pop joints are the ones with the wow factor.  Sometimes the wow factor isn't good. But at least it's there.

smeags

All this chain talk has made me hungry. Im heading to five guys.

Rome

Hillary Clinton is a chain candidate but you'll all take her and shut the farg up about it.

smeags

Quote from: Rome on March 16, 2016, 12:27:14 PM
Hillary Clinton is a chain candidate but you'll all take her and shut the farg up about it.

The big Mac of the election.

Rome

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags