Anyone had a good meal at a restaurant lately?

Started by Rome, March 08, 2006, 02:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

What did you think of the Mac 18? I love the stuff.

My local liquor store once sold minis of it for $3.29 which is the equivalent of about $49 a bottle, rather than its current price of about $170. I bought a shteinload of the suckers and still have maybe 30 to 40 left. Wish I bought more though, got used to them. Not as good as someone buying for me after a dinner though.

PhillyPhreak54

One of the people I work with cooked ribs last night and brought them into work. I brought mine home to eat for dinner tonight and mother of god were they awesome.

Best ribs I've ever had. Tender and meat just falling off the bone.

Hallelujah.

smeags

Quote from: phattymatty on September 25, 2014, 02:22:41 PM
bojangles kills any other name brand fried chicken place.

best fried chicken i've had in years was right across the street from howard university at the florida ave diner. i think they just recently closed for health code violations but that ish is legit.

best fried chicken place near me that i have tried is chicken holiday. im not saying its world class either, just the best ive had.

i actually have a great recipie from my family. this discussion just made the decision for me to go buy a deep fryer.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Seabiscuit36

I have one of the electric fryers and it works well.  Just have to use it outside because I cant stand the smell of fried food in clothes or the house.  But we make our own fries for everything vs getting frozen ones. 

Anyone have an Airfryer? http://www.amazon.com/Philips-HD9230-26-AirFryer-Technology/dp/B00H8OATGG/ref=sr_1_5 kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1427894784&sr=1-5
I have a buddy who got a similar fryer for turkeys.  I'm curious if its worth it, because messing with the oil gets old. 

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

So what's the verdict since you're a foodie. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

im just playin....ive never heard of an airfryer

smeags

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 01, 2015, 09:31:33 AM
I have one of the electric fryers and it works well.  Just have to use it outside because I cant stand the smell of fried food in clothes or the house.  But we make our own fries for everything vs getting frozen ones. 

thats what im looking at. the butterball one looks nice. probably a good idea to still fry outside cause i agree, the fry cook colonge isnt my thing.

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

phattymatty

they must be using the DC metro area bc there is no way there are 30 chipotles in DC.

Zanshin

Those places are okay, but I think it's pretty pricey for what you really get...especially if I factor in standing in line. If I'm going to pay sit down prices, I don't want to wait in line.

ice grillin you

you think?

isnt a burrito like 7 or 8 bucks there?...its definitely under 10....and they are good size

i always felt like they were perfectly priced...they are more than fast food but less than a restaurant...which is exactly what chipotle is imo a perfect tweener place when you dont wanna eat hideous fast food but dont wanna spend 20-25 bucks after tip at a sitdown chain

hunt

finally getting a chipotle near where i live...with a five guys opening right next door. i'll be one fat(ter) mofo for it.  :yay
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on April 22, 2015, 10:41:58 AM
they must be using the DC metro area bc there is no way there are 30 chipotles in DC.

there are 17 in dc proper

Zanshin

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 22, 2015, 10:53:59 AM
you think?

isnt a burrito like 7 or 8 bucks there?...its definitely under 10....and they are good size

i always felt like they were perfectly priced...they are more than fast food but less than a restaurant...which is exactly what chipotle is imo a perfect tweener place when you dont wanna eat hideous fast food but dont wanna spend 20-25 bucks after tip at a sitdown chain

Yeah. I mean, I'm not a fast food guy anyway. But certainly seems like a better option than Taco Bell or something. I guess I just don't like to stand in line like cattle for my lunch. A lot of people love that shtein, though.