1st Time Thread

Started by hbionic, December 11, 2009, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

Last night I went to my first NHL hockey game...Kings vs. Coyotes.

The game (match?) ended up going into overtime and a shootout that lasted 8 rounds...that was pretty wild.

Not bad for free tickets and my first game. :=)   I can see how people can get hooked. I would definitely go again...I'm not making any commitments to hockey....but I'm open.

*some notes...

-unbelieve passing by the players...no way can that be appreciated on television.
-the place is lit during game play(not used to that)...pretty cool and it seems like a family friendly event...unlike NFL games.

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Seabiscuit36

I really like the Kings, great young core group of players.  Jack Johnson and Drew Doughty are off the charts good imo, Doughty especially.  They're gonna be a very good team for years to come hbionic. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Diomedes

The only pro hockey game I've ever been to was Rangers vs. Islanders at MSG, and it was an awful mess.  Nothing but fighting and bitchy checking.  I don't go to a boxing match to watch the two guys in the ring drop their gloves and shoot baskets.  I don't go to a hockey game to see fighting.  I want to see passing and skating and shots on goal, the fighting is just stupid.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SunMo

went to NYC yesterday for the first time since a stupid class trip in 6th grade.  walked around Times Square and went to Rockefeller Center to see the tree.  Also took the ladyfriend to see Chicago on Broadway.  the whole thing was a birthday present to her and she had a great time so that was good.  I got sick of fighting all the people by the end of the night, everywhere you go you're getting shoved, stepped on, bumped, it's crazy.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

yeah times square is awful like that...its about the worst place possible you could go to in nyc

did you eat at fridays?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

ha, no.  ESPN Zone for lunch.  then we were going to go to Bubba Gump's for dinner but the wait was over 2 hours.  so we came home and ate around us.

and yeah, i know it's the typical tourist awful thing to do, but that's what she wanted to see and do so that's what we did.

Rome

ESPN Zone = 13 dollar draft beers.

Pass.

PhillyGirl

ha! I worked there back when it was the All Star Cafe waiting tables.

Yes, I'm dating myself here, but that job rocked while I was looking for a job after graduation.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

I was there with two of my buddies, bought a round of drafts and the tab was like 35 bucks.  I almost shtein my pants. 

ice grillin you

should have asked me before you went i could have hooked you up with some great restaurants off the beaten path madness of TS but that are still close and really good and most importantly not MA

sometimes TS is more MA than des moines

SunMo

oh yeah, we were MA'n it up fo sho

ice grillin you

yo look at my team and tell me who youd start at qb today...doesnt have to be someone on my roster either...check the free agents...please thank you

shorebird

igy's affection with middle america is getting old.

PhillyPhreak54

I took my girl to NYC last Christmas holiday and it was exactly like SunnyMo described it; trampling, pushing, elbowing and all that shtein.

We took a carriage ride through Central Park ($50) and I almost fought with the first driver. We got on and he was like "the price is $50 plus I usually get a $20 tip", so I laughed and we got off. He started yelling and I told him to farg himself, which he didn't like too much.

Tomahawk

Quote from: Diomedes on December 13, 2009, 09:35:17 AM
The only pro hockey game I've ever been to was Rangers vs. Islanders at MSG, and it was an awful mess.  Nothing but fighting and bitchy checking.  I don't go to a boxing match to watch the two guys in the ring drop their gloves and shoot baskets.  I don't go to a hockey game to see fighting.  I want to see passing and skating and shots on goal, the fighting is just stupid.

I'm the opposite. I want to see fights in hockey, as well as anywhere I'm at whether it be a bar, grocery store, or restaurant