iPhone from Apple

Started by mussa, January 11, 2007, 11:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

yeah some booch at the apple store told me that i'd be able to upgrade most of the new features for free on my 3G, but not everything. 

Father Demon

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 11, 2009, 02:06:09 PM
$199 ain't bad.  i just updated to a crackberry bold back in jan/feb so i won't be due for another upgrade for another 18 mo.  i don't really care for it either so when it's time for a new phone, i'll either go iphone or windows based smartphone.   

Same boat. I just did a Blackberry Storm in February.  Don't hate it, don't love it.  I think I'll ride this contract out, then switch to AT&T and the iPhone6.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

phattymatty

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Sgt PSN

patience dook.  he's gotta transfer all of his dmb albums over to it and that ish takes time. 

reese125

Faced with widespread grumbling by iPhone 3G owners who thought that they deserved to be able to upgrade to the iPhone 3G S for the same price as new customers, the company has rethought its pricing plan. Some customers–ones who spend more on service plans, apparently–will qualify to get the 3G S for the new-customer two-year-contract prices ($199 for 16GB, $299 for 32GB). That's $200 less than the price AT&T had planned to charge, and $400 less than the unsubsidized, no-contract price.

Those lucky customers are the ones who AT&T has been telling would qualify for the cheaper upgrade at any point prior to September 30th of this year

mussa

AT&T sucks if it wasn't for iphone, ijump in a minute

tried downloading software twice. both times failed cause servers busy
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

phattymatty

i actually downloaded it no problem earlier today.  haven't really messed around with it yet but i honestly don't know whats all that different.  there's a new search thing that seems cool, will search through all your contacts, emails, apps, etc.  there's a new voice memos thing, which i can't imagine was not on it earlier, but is of no use to me.  still trying to figure out the SMS pictures thingy.  all in all, seems to be nothing special.

reese125

this should give you a better idea whats new. I wouldnt say Im jumping for joy, but whatever...

http://www.macworld.com/article/141187/2009/06/iphone_3.html?lsrc=twt_macworld

phattymatty

i found a few mores things with the update.  the cut and paste is def. cool.  and the calls screen is a little different, nothing big but shows a few extras.  and the ipod screen is different, just a little more functionality.  most of all i've been getting 3.0 updates on a bunch of my apps.  like my mlb at bat now streams live games instead of just audio and gamecast.  which is dope.  and i feel like my browser is a lot faster. 

mussa

didn't notice anything diff. on the ipod screen

cut and paste is nice

voice memo is kinda funny, just wish you could text message the voice or text message video or pics. still way behind on that.

phattymatty

maybe it's just the podcast screen that's different.  there are a few more buttons, like one to directly email what you're listening to to someone, and another to automatically go back 30 seconds. 

mussa

yeah ive never listened to a podcast on my phone

DH

i got a year left w verizon, but im thinking about jumpin to att so i can grab the new joint. thing is, i heard att's service sucks and i know verizons doesnt..what to do