Listening to Didinger and Macnow--what five games are the Eagles going to lose?

Started by bobbyinlondon, September 10, 2005, 10:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbyinlondon

These guys are picking the Eagles to go 11-5, even though BOTH said the Eagles haven't gotten noticeably worse than last year. So what 5 games are they going to lose?

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

And the only reason they'll go 12-4 is because they'll sit the starters again during the final two weeks of the season.

Whatever, though.  Ray Diddy's entitled to his opinion.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on September 10, 2005, 10:40:41 AM
And the only reason they'll go 12-4 is because they'll sit the starters again during the final two weeks of the season.

Whatever, though.  Ray Diddy's entitled to his opinion.

Ray Didinger, as smart of a football guy as he is, picked the Eagles to go 11-5 or worse last year as well. Just an FYI. I remember he was getting shtein for it on the Post Game show when they were 7-0.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

The only way this team loses five games is if they experience a rash of injuries or if they wrap up HFA with 3 games to play.

Eaglez

When some of these sports writers prognosticate they always pick a low ball number. No one is going to predict a 14-2 or 13-3 season. They want to leave room for error and not seem like total homers.

MURP

Quote from: Eaglez on September 10, 2005, 10:46:25 AM
When some of these sports writers prognosticate they always pick a low ball number. No one is going to predict a 14-2 or 13-3 season. They want to leave room for error and not seem like total homers.

agreed.

R Diddy wants to say 16-0, his proffession wont let him.  ;)

SunMo

Ray is the most enjoyable football guy to listen to on the radio, he's never a jerk to dumb callers and he really knows the game inside and out.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Sun_Mo on September 10, 2005, 10:53:19 AM
Ray is the most enjoyable football guy to listen to on the radio, he's never a jerk to dumb callers and he really knows the game inside and out.

Yes, thank you. We've all said it for years and we all know it. Doesn't mean his predictions are gold.

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyGirl on September 10, 2005, 10:56:12 AM

Yes, thank you. We've all said it for years and we all know it. Doesn't mean his predictions are gold.

no kidding, where in my sentence did you see me saying that?  i was merely commenting on Ray as a radio guy. 

but, "you've all said it for years" so why would anybody else want to voice their opinon  ::)
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

WEST is GOD

Looking at the schedule, we are better than every team on there. I only see a few challenging games.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed. I enjoy listening to him for football and Jolovitz for baseball/college football. Even though Paul gets stupid sometimes.

RDiddy's new book is out now - Eagles Encyclopedia.

WEST is GOD

I love when hosts are jerks to dumb callers. It's hilarious. I don't know why that pisses so many people off, like when Howard and people do it. I never knew we had such sensitive people here.

Didinger is good to listen to, but Paul Jolovitz pisses me off. For someone who talks about not being politically correct all the time, he's the most politically correct guy I've ever heard. If someone calls up and says something like "I got my heart broken by the Phils loss." He'll say something like you don't get your heart broken by sports, you get your heart broken by the hurricane tragedy. No Paul, shut up.
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

Stanley Kubrick

I enjoy Ray as well. He brings great insight and knowledge to his show. He's probably figuring two losses when AR sits the starters after wrapping up homefield.
TO and me drink tea