Pennington might be done for season

Started by WEST is GOD, September 26, 2005, 08:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

the jets are farged

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jets-pennington&prov=ap&type=lgns

both pennington and feidler are done for the season. i dont know if feidler's injury was posted anywhere
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

TexasEagle

QuotePennington and Fiedler were on the same flight to Alabama on Tuesday to see Dr. James Andrews, the noted orthopedist who repaired Pennington's rotator cuff in February.

This guy's the farging "Angel of Death" for the NFL.

PhillyPhreak54

QuotePENNINGTON GETS SOME GOOD NEWS

ESPN'S Chris Mortensen reports that Jets quarterback Chad Pennington was examined on Tuesday by ubiquitous sports orthopedic surgeon James Andrew, whose examination did not find a conclusive tear in Pennington's rotator cuff.  Andrews, per Mortensen, does not believe that the injury is career threatening.

The doctor gave Pennington exercises to perform for the next ten days, at which time Andrews will perform exploratory arthroscopic surgery.

Andrews also injected dye into the shoulder, and there was minimal leakage.  This indicates that the injury is not significant.  Andrews will no more when he re-examines Pennington next month.

Even if Pennington's ultimate prognosis isn't negative, there's a real question as to whether the Jets should give him the rest of the season off to heal.  That way, he'll be ready to participate fully in the offseason program, and should/could be ready to go next year.

With that said, we can't imagine the Jets heading into 2006 without another potential starting quarterback.  This is Pennington's third significant injury in three years, and they need to have someone who can stay healthy over the long haul.

Know what's funny?

The Ravens are 7.5 favorites this weekend. Brooks Bollinger or not, the stinkin Ravens do not deserve to be 7.5 favorites.

MURP

QuoteESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the New York Jets inquired about the availability of Washington taterskins backup QB Patrick Ramsey. However, they were told he is not available.

:-D

Mad-Lad

MadMarchHare

Anyone but Reid.

Geowhizzer

I try not to play "grammar police" too often, but this type of mistake from supposedly professional journalists irritate me.

From Phreak's article:
QuoteAndrews will no more when he re-examines Pennington next month.

This is a mistake I can expect from my lower-end 8th graders.  This mistake, however, should not be made by someone that is paid to write.

OK, off the soapbox.  Carry on.  :D