Rookie RB's

Started by 4and26, September 02, 2005, 12:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4and26

There were three RB taken early in this years draft.   Opinions on how sucessful they might be or how high they should be taken.  I'm working on two drafts - one is a twelve man league, and the other eight.

rjs246

Drafting rookies early is a bad idea. None of these running backs is a lock to do anything. Two of them split time in college, one is playing for a team that has been awful on an unparalleled level for decades, one held out of all of camp, one will be splitting carries at some point with Ricky Williams... theres just no predicting how they'll do.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

4and26

rjs246

At BEST, Moats will touch the ball 100-120 times this year. I don't know how much value that has in FF.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MURP

Quote from: 4and26 on September 02, 2005, 12:19:06 PM
Moats... Sleeper?

why not.  He is one tackle away from being the starter.   :paranoid

PoopyfaceMcGee

I got both JJ Arrington and Carnell Williams in the league I drafted last night, and I want to stab myself in the eye for it.

Sgt PSN

Cedrick Benson would have probably had a chance to be a productive rookie had he not decided to hold out for over a month.  Now he's going to have to share the backfield with Jones and may take over the starting job by mid-season but that's not a lock. 

4and26

Strait up trade . . . .I've been offered Kevin Barlow for Ronnie Brown.  Not hurting at the RB position with James and Portis as my backs....

PhillyPhanInDC

From CBS.Sportsline:

QuoteThe Herald reports Ronnie Brown might not be the Dolphins' featured back in Week 1. "We got him six, seven touches [in the preseason finale], 20-plus plays," head coach Nick Saban said. "I don't think he's ready to carry it 45 times. Hopefully, we can get him into that 12-to-15 touch mode. But we're going to have to keep playing him into it.".
(Updated 09/03/2005).

I avoided Ronnie and took Cadillac in my draft, mainly because with Ricky coming back, I don't trust that it's not going to be a runningback by commitee with Brown getting most of the carries, but so what?. Barlow is THE back on the 49ers. With James and Portis on your roster, you can plug barlow in against shtein run defenses when the oppurtunity arises, and he'll be a better bye-week back than Brown. Take it and run.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.