2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

they gotta do something about the camera angles from 2 miles away

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

eskin reporting that king has a small fracture in his pitching elbow but can pitch with it for now

PoopyfaceMcGee

PoopyfaceMcGee

Are you farging kidding me with that link?

[url=http://www.trylinkinglikethis.com/jackass]LINK[/url]

Eskin's a liar, and E_L is a mama's boy.

Eagles_Legendz

I love my mama.   :'(

I work with (for) her remember?

:poison

PoopyfaceMcGee

Manny rumor is B.S. per Stark:

Little interest in Manny

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 | Print Entry

Posted by Jayson Stark
A Phillies official told ESPN.com Tuesday night persistent reports that Philadelphia is pursuing Manny Ramirez are "false" and said the Phillies have "nothing doing" with the Red Sox involving Ramirez or any other player.

Meanwhile, a baseball man who speaks regularly with the Dodgers' front office said that the team also has no interest in trading for Ramirez, despite reports to the contrary.

The two other teams linked to Ramirez, the Mets and Diamondbacks, had previously denied interest. So while the Red Sox continue to float Ramirez's name around baseball, there were no indications Tuesday that they're making any significant headway.

Also...

QuoteThe Phillies continue to hunt for modestly priced left-handed bullpen types. The list of left-handers they're known to have called on includes John Grabow, Will Ohman, Arthur Rhodes and Jack Taschner.

And...

QuoteManny to the Marlins?

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 | Print Entry

Posted by Buster Olney
With less than 24 hours before the trade deadline, the Red Sox are engaged in serious conversations to trade Manny Ramirez to the Florida Marlins, as well as other teams. If the Red Sox make a deal with the Marlins, it is likely they would kick in money to offset Ramirez's salary, and they would look for three young players in return -- perhaps outfielder Jeremy Hermida or outfielder Josh Willingham, plus pitchers.

The Red Sox have gone down this road many times before with Ramirez, seriously discussing a deal before pulling back -- but what might be different this time is that Ramirez apparently has just two months of regular season with the Red Sox, and Boston could be asking the internal question of how invested Ramirez will be in the last days of the year.

QB Eagles

Looks like a strong outing from Moyer... two homers and two doubles in the first inning.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on July 30, 2008, 05:41:41 PM
http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=a3bb1ddee22d4cbb91f6b50e7950a717&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckUserId=a3bb1ddee22d4cbb91f6b50e7950a717&plckPostId=Blog%3aa3bb1ddee22d4cbb91f6b50e7950a717Post%3a4e1e3218-5604-4117-aee6-a99eb9f93e16&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest

Michael Radano is stating that Eskin is patently false about the report and that Cole is fine.  Who would have thought that Eskin would be incorrect about something having to do with the Phillies?   :o

::)

i have no idea if eskin is right but mike radano isnt exactly the phillies gospel and id take eskins word over his (not on this just in general)...you can hate eskin...hell i cant stand the guy...but he hits on a ton of stuff whether you wanna admit it or not

PoopyfaceMcGee

except when he's a shill for the Eagles' front office

PhillyPhreak54

His disdain for the Phillies is well documented. He hates them and does anything he can to blast them. If Cole was hurt like that, we'd have heard more about it.

mpmcgraw

Zolecki, Randy Miller, Paul Hagen, and the Phillies all say Eskin is wrong. 

Geowhizzer

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 30, 2008, 06:54:25 PM
Manny rumor is B.S. per Stark:

Little interest in Manny

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 | Print Entry

Posted by Jayson Stark
A Phillies official told ESPN.com Tuesday night persistent reports that Philadelphia is pursuing Manny Ramirez are "false" and said the Phillies have "nothing doing" with the Red Sox involving Ramirez or any other player.

Meanwhile, a baseball man who speaks regularly with the Dodgers' front office said that the team also has no interest in trading for Ramirez, despite reports to the contrary.

The two other teams linked to Ramirez, the Mets and Diamondbacks, had previously denied interest. So while the Red Sox continue to float Ramirez's name around baseball, there were no indications Tuesday that they're making any significant headway.

Also...

QuoteThe Phillies continue to hunt for modestly priced left-handed bullpen types. The list of left-handers they're known to have called on includes John Grabow, Will Ohman, Arthur Rhodes and Jack Taschner.

And...

QuoteManny to the Marlins?

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 | Print Entry

Posted by Buster Olney
With less than 24 hours before the trade deadline, the Red Sox are engaged in serious conversations to trade Manny Ramirez to the Florida Marlins, as well as other teams. If the Red Sox make a deal with the Marlins, it is likely they would kick in money to offset Ramirez's salary, and they would look for three young players in return -- perhaps outfielder Jeremy Hermida or outfielder Josh Willingham, plus pitchers.

The Red Sox have gone down this road many times before with Ramirez, seriously discussing a deal before pulling back -- but what might be different this time is that Ramirez apparently has just two months of regular season with the Red Sox, and Boston could be asking the internal question of how invested Ramirez will be in the last days of the year.

Update;

QuoteMLB.com that a three-way trade may be in the works.

Under this scenario, Ramirez would go to the Marlins, while Jeremy Hermida would go to the Pirates, and Jason Bay would go to the Red Sox.

The Marlins are not afraid to roll the dice and gamble. Team president David Samson, when asked on the team's flagship station, 790 The Ticket, was asked about the Manny Ramirez rumors.

"The Marlins always seem to be in the middle of everything," Samson said. "I don't know how we do that every deadline. We're spending all day trying to figure out a way where we can get better, to stay good, to try to figure out a way how we could win this thing. Everything is possible."