2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillen

Quote from: SD_Eagle on June 20, 2008, 07:40:54 AM
For what it would take to get Oswalt and considering the numbers on his deal I'd rather they trade for Sabathia and re-signed him. Oswalt has some innings on that arm and could be Freddie Garcia part deux.
Oswalt was "pitching to contact" this year up until about 2 weeks ago. Someone told him to just get people out the easiest way, so racking up a pitch count and putting the batters to shame is the way he's going now. He's no Freddy Garcia...luckily. He has a NTC anyways.

ice grillin you

thats my point
choke has regressed
but utley is just tired or lol he needs glasses
its always something other than utley
like omg its the great chase utley it couldnt be his fault

utley farging blows right now nothign less nothing more...days off dont help that..a day of rest might but the only way good hitters get out of slumps is to fight thru it...and ive never even heard of a "park day"...what is that
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

that "flyin hawaiian" figurine was absolutely frightening.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

LBIggle

benson faced 13 batters and allowed five runs on three homers in two innings.

they need to get another bat thats hits for average further down in the lineup that they lost when rowand departed.  preferably a righty cleanup hitter that drops howard down to 5th and burrell to 6th if they keep him.  

also an actual #1 pitcher is a pretty good idea.   or even one with an ERA under 6 is excellent as well.

LBIggle

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 20, 2008, 08:38:12 PM
thats my point
choke has regressed

utley farging blows right now nothign less nothing more...days off dont help that..a day of rest might but the only way good hitters get out of slumps is to fight thru it...and ive never even heard of a "park day"...what is that

A day to work at the park without playing in the game - work on his mechanics.

And get it through your thick freaking skull:  Howard has regressed.  That is statistically proven from the first two seasons to the last two seasons. This is one of the first ones for Utley like this.  What is so freaking hard to understand about that?  Except, of course, for your love of argument.

If Utley is hitting .225 when next June rolls around, come talk to me about comparisons.

LBIggle

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 20, 2008, 08:54:20 PM
thats my point
choke has regressed

And get it through your thick freaking skull:  Howard has regressed.  That is statistically proven from the first two seasons to the last two seasons. This is one of the first ones for Utley like this.  What is so freaking hard to understand about that?  Except, of course, for your love of argument.

If Utley is hitting .225 when next June rolls around, come talk to me about comparisons.

i told you two years ago howard wasnt the player you thought he was so dont tell me that howard has regressed....he had a career year and then he turned into what he really is...you just happen to see this now

and theres no such thing as a park day...you just made that up...you watch film to spot mechanical problems then you take batting practice and if you need the rest you take a day off...other than that there isnt anything major league hitters can do to get out of a slump...except according to you go to lens crafters...the great chase utley couldnt suck right now there has to be some other worldly power causing this
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 20, 2008, 09:03:24 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 20, 2008, 08:54:20 PM
thats my point
choke has regressed

i told you two years ago howard wasnt the player you thought he was so dont tell me that howard has regressed....he had a career year and then he turned into what he really is...you just happen to see this now

and theres no such thing as a park day...you just made that up...you watch film to spot mechanical problems then you take batting practice and if you need the rest you take a day off...other than that there isnt anything major league hitters can do to get out of a slump...except according to you go to lens crafters...the great chase utley couldnt suck right now there has to be some other worldly power causing this

For crying out loud:  I put it in quotes because I couldn't think of a better name for it.  Utley needs to work with the coaches and get his head cleared a little bit - just about like you just described.

The eyesight think was a bit of hyperbole.  I figured you would be well acquained with that since you use it all the time.

Utley is in a slump, and he looks lost and frustrated.  To me, he need a couple of days to work out the kinks and get the pressure off him a bit, because as-is, he's not doing the team any favors.  I would say the same thing if it was Howard or Burrell.  Only you would try to find a victim in every word someone says.

LBIggle

i hope their not taking the same approach to get utley out of his slump as they have with howard for the entire season.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

MDS

What is more likely to happen tonight:
1. Chase getting a hit
2. Choke putting a ball in play
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.