2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Mike Arbuckle was responsible for a lot of the players Wade took credit for.

Rome

Condrey immediately comes in and gives up a dinger and a single back to back.

God he sucks.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Rome on April 17, 2008, 03:49:24 PM

God he sucks.

If anyone was on base when he gave up the homer, he's not to blame.  Blame the game of baseball.

SunMo

Quote from: Wingspan on April 17, 2008, 03:42:39 PM
Actually, if wade was just hired as a director of amateur scouting, like he should have been...he'd still be here, and deservedly so. There are a lot of his draft picks in the majors.

However, he is a PR nightmare in front of the camera, and his pro scouting was atrocious. Which is what led him to be such a poor GM.

and he was terrible at trading
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 17, 2008, 03:52:25 PM
Quote from: Rome on April 17, 2008, 03:49:24 PM

God he sucks.

If anyone was on base when he gave up the homer, he's not to blame.  Blame the game of baseball.

Or global warming, whatever.

Munson

I think it's Michael Bourne's fault. He shouldn't have hit that home run last night.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Wingspan

Quote from: SunMo on April 17, 2008, 03:53:52 PM
Quote from: Wingspan on April 17, 2008, 03:42:39 PM
Actually, if wade was just hired as a director of amateur scouting, like he should have been...he'd still be here, and deservedly so. There are a lot of his draft picks in the majors.

However, he is a PR nightmare in front of the camera, and his pro scouting was atrocious. Which is what led him to be such a poor GM.

and he was terrible at trading

Which is what i meant on the pro scouting part.

Other than getting Abreu for Kevin Stocker...I can't think of any good moves that he pulled off. The Rolen and Schilling trades alone should have gotten him fired.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Wingspan on April 17, 2008, 03:59:11 PM
The Rolen and Schilling trades alone should have gotten him fired.

Polanco was pretty good until they traded him for the murderer.

SunMo

i figured that's what you meant...

Schilling was one of the top power pitchers in the league at the time and Wade gets:

Omar Daal
Nelson Figueroa
Vincente Padilla
Travis Lee

i mean, that's just pathetic

Scott Rolen

Bud Smith
Polanco (good)
Mike Timlin

just terrible

Rome

Two trades that directly resulted in World Series championships for both teams.

I'm surprised Wade isn't in the federal witness protection program after those two farged up moves.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Rome on April 17, 2008, 03:32:08 PM
The interview with Ed Wade at the beginning of the game was fascinating.  He said he was happy that the fans finally had a winner to celebrate last year but also reminded everyone about the players the Phillies groomed on his watch (Rollins, Utley, Howard, etc.).

The sad thing is he's clearly in range for someone to hit him in the face with a full beer bottle but no one has taken advantage yet.

Romes.

I read the Inky story on him the other day and it made me want to punch the ever living shtein out of someone.

I swear to christ when I hear/read his patented Ed Wade phrases "kicked the tires" and "couldn't get to the finish line" I want to murder.

And its even worse when that pompous fargbag Ruben Amaro says it.

Houston radio has been ripping Wade already. Several callers too. I love it