Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

yea i agree. play online. its def the best game ive ever played. hands down game of the year
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SunMo

i need to trade Halo for this game, i only played the shtein once....

which store trades games?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Magical_Retard

everybody knows the real game of the year...MARIO GALAXY.

this is the best game ive played...well since Mario 64!

i think its already in the top 10 best ranked games of all time. yeah boi
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

Diomedes

So like I said some time ago, I've skipped the next gen stuff.  I don't have the budget for the new system, much less the games, and besides, I don't have an HD TV to hook it up to, so farg it.  I'll keep waiting.  In the meantime, I had been on XBOX forever.  When that finally died, I bought a PS2 and I've been going through all the great PS2 games that are now dirt cheap.

So I finally get around to God of War.

And I have to say...farg this game.  What a goddamned pain in the ass from the start.  I can't get past the simplest shtein...and it's one of those games where if you get stuck on something you might as well stop playing it altogether because you ain't going nowhere.  Right now, I'm in the very first level, on the boat, and I've got to push this crate through archer fire to a wall, presumably so I can jump onto it and then from it up to kill the archers.  Except they keep destroying the goddamned crate.  I've tried about a hundred times, and failed.  Sometimes I get the crate into position, and it tells me how to do the double jump, but I'm not a quick button masher, so I've failed there.  After two or three attempts at jumping high enough to kill the archers, either they hit the crate, or I inadvertently hit it, and I'm back to square one.

I'm playing on the normal setting, which probably just means less bad guys.  In other words, this crate pushing/jumping challenge ain't gonna be easier on the easy level and I might as well just throw the farging game out the window.    If it's this hard to get past an early, simple stage there's no way in hell I'm going to enjoy the game because I'm going to keep getting stuck and frustrated.

On another subject, Shadow of the Colossus is very cool.  I'm enjoying that.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

OMG dude it took me about 100+ tries to get past that point. such a pain in the ass. there is a few other stages later in the game where its just impossible and you want to give up. i thought the game was fantastic until i got to a stage and i couldn't walk out or into a new area. i was trapped. i contacted the game developers and everything and they never heard of it happening. so i couldn't go on to beat it. bullshtein

Just beat COD4. Pretty short game, but all worth it. fantastic story line, music, action. its like a movie. when you beat it it unlocks arcade mode. im not really sure what its all about. i played death from above stage in arcade mode and they just give you points for kills and its all about your score. nothing too exciting to me.

Getting farther into SKATE too. Great game.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

I beat Ace Combat 6, finally got the F22, its badass. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Zanshin

I'm still playing Halo online.  It's more fun that I thought it would be.

mussa

have you played any of the new games they made available? i heard one of the new online games is a race on the 4 wheeler. one guy drives the other shoots rockets. im so addicted to COD4 that I havn't played Halo in forever it seems. I guess I'll check it out soon.

SunMo

i bought Halo brand new on Ebay, played it once, and let it sit for a month, now i'm selling it on Ebay so I can buy COD 4, i just couldn't get into it.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

reese125

Quote from: mussa on November 25, 2007, 12:49:33 PM
OMG dude it took me about 100+ tries to get past that point. such a pain in the ass. there is a few other stages later in the game where its just impossible and you want to give up. i thought the game was fantastic until i got to a stage and i couldn't walk out or into a new area. i was trapped. i contacted the game developers and everything and they never heard of it happening. so i couldn't go on to beat it. bullshtein

Just beat COD4. Pretty short game, but all worth it. fantastic story line, music, action. its like a movie. when you beat it it unlocks arcade mode. im not really sure what its all about. i played death from above stage in arcade mode and they just give you points for kills and its all about your score. nothing too exciting to me.

Getting farther into SKATE too. Great game.

Why wouldnt you just go to a cheat page off of google for that level? First thing i did. They are everywhere.

God of War is one of the best graphical games ever for PS2

SD_Eagle5

I'm roughly 7 hours into Mass Effect, awesome game, very much like Knights of the Old Republic except its more of an rpg mixed with fps

reese125

m