Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

SD hit it on the head.  The PS3 is very nice, but came out a year too late and too many dollars over.  Plus xbox has the gamers hooked with XBL. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MURP

the 6 axis controller gimmic has yet to make any good impact on PS3, in fact it has been fargin things up with the obvious example reviews of Lair.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Magical_Retard

i bought metroid corruption today! anyone else have it? im playing on easy and its hard for me :(
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

hbionic

Probably one of the dopest trailers ever for video game or anything for that matter...

New Halo trailer
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Zanshin

Is it a coincidence that Mussa's connection suddenly dropped as he was beginning to get pasted at Madden last night?

(actually, it was a coincidence...but worthy of mention since he posted about our last ill-fated game ;) )

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Zanshin on September 20, 2007, 08:40:09 AM
Is it a coincidence that Mussa's connection suddenly dropped as he was beginning to get pasted at Madden last night?

(actually, it was a coincidence...but worthy of mention since he posted about our last ill-fated game ;) )
It actually does happen sometimes  :-\ 

mussa

Quote from: Zanshin on September 20, 2007, 08:40:09 AM

HAHA, sweet relief! Really though, the lag of the online play is so bad. It's not even fun playing online.  Unless I am extremely bored, I refuse to play online.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

Anyone know if there are downloadable draft classes for the 360 Madden 08?  I did it for PS2. Any info would be grand
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: mussa on September 20, 2007, 06:34:43 PM
Anyone know if there are downloadable draft classes for the 360 Madden 08?  I did it for PS2. Any info would be grand

It would be grand, indeed.  Grandiose, even.  Grandgasmic.  Graaaaaand.

Zanshin

Are you guys using the HD cables of the standard component cables?  I just switched to a 42" 1080i in the little game room, and it's sweet.  Since the TV was free, I splurged and got the cables.  The games look amazing.  Until I did some digging, I didn't know I needed special cables for the HD quality from the box, actually.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Zanshin on September 21, 2007, 07:47:20 AM
Are you guys using the HD cables of the standard component cables?  I just switched to a 42" 1080i in the little game room, and it's sweet.  Since the TV was free, I splurged and got the cables.  The games look amazing.  Until I did some digging, I didn't know I needed special cables for the HD quality from the box, actually.

The 360 comes with HD cables. The difference between a next gen game in HD compared to it in standard is night and day.

Seabiscuit36

the component cables that come with the 360 can support up to 1080p if you tv takes 1080p over component.  Otherwise the regular component cables will be at 1080i if its setup properly on the display setup on 360

Zanshin

I think this explains it.  I have the core system, which didn't come with the HD-capable cables.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemsetup/xbox360/accessories/hdavcable.htm

Huge difference, though.

Zanshin

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on September 21, 2007, 08:28:14 AM
the component cables that come with the 360 can support up to 1080p if you tv takes 1080p over component.  Otherwise the regular component cables will be at 1080i if its setup properly on the display setup on 360

Oh, but regular component cables don't do the trick.  Need the colorstream five plugs with blue and green, not the standard yellow/white/red.