Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: mussa on September 24, 2007, 02:38:46 PMwhat makes the halo series so great?

top notch everything, from sound and voice acting to graphics to writing to gameplay...all of which fits into a package that feels like a unit.  kinda the same thing that made the Matrix movies good..it's all of a piece

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

well i bought halo 3 today and am going to pick it up tonight at 12. if anyone wants to game send me a PM or message me on 360 live.

lost reggie brown to a career ending injury in madden 08. slipped disk. oh joy!
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Drunkmasterflex

I will be getting Halo 3 tomorrow. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

SD_Eagle5

Same here, I was gonna pick it up at midnight but I have an early class, a speech to give tomorrow, and two tests on Wednesday, so I'm not even opening it till Thursday

Diomedes

Got a lot of drinking to do until that last test, huh?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD_Eagle5

Seabiscuit36

So i decided to check my 360 today, got a new serial # completely, and they are overnighting it to me for TOMORROW :crazy

but now i looked at the address its shipping to and its Chesterfield, Michigan?   :paranoid
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

The BIGSTUD

Picked up Halo 3 tonight. Got insanely lucky too. I waited until the last minute so the line outside Gamestop would die down, and I got there just as they were locking up. Didn't have to wait a second though so thats cool.

Fun game so far and it comes with a 48 hour XBL trial which is cool, because I cancelled mine since I only used it for Halo since you don't need XBL Gold to download content.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

mussa

Played a few games last night. Pretty fun first person. I have no clue what guns do what so that will take time to figure out. Overall I am pretty impressed with just playing one part of the game.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

so i called xbox, found out they shipped or were planning to ship my 360 to the wrong address.  Its going to take 2 more days just to get a call from their repair center. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Don Ho

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on September 24, 2007, 03:18:53 PM
Quote from: Don Ho on September 24, 2007, 02:46:22 PM
don ho jr. all over it.

Very well versed boy, top three games he plays:

NCAA 08
MLB The Show
Saints Row
Great game for kids Don Ho  :-D

he loves the part where the dude goes into the liquor store and starts tanking bottles of alcohol and ends up ralphing.  I questioned his manhood this summer when he went out and bought a Nintendo DS and the first game he got was Pokemon Pearl.  Few slaps to the head and he was fine.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Zanshin

So, what's the verdict on Halo 3?  Anywhere close to the hype?

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Zanshin on September 27, 2007, 01:22:53 PM

Surpassed the hype imo. I played for 3 hours lastnight, went to bed and (this is no lie) was having dreams I was Master Chief. Don't know if that shows how pathetic I am or how great the game is, but all around this game is as good as anything I've ever played. The AI, graphics, music, voices, storyline, everything is just unbelievable. I had really high expectations and was expecting a bit of a letdown especially after playing a great game like Bioshock but this game is better.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SD_Eagle on September 27, 2007, 03:21:50 PM
Quote from: Zanshin on September 27, 2007, 01:22:53 PM

Surpassed the hype imo. I played for 3 hours lastnight, went to bed and (this is no lie) was having dreams I was Master Chief. Don't know if that shows how pathetic I am or how great the game is, but all around this game is as good as anything I've ever played. The AI, graphics, music, voices, storyline, everything is just unbelievable. I had really high expectations and was expecting a bit of a letdown especially after playing a great game like Bioshock but this game is better.
Thats what everyone i know has said about it.  They all picked up Bioshock and thought that Halo 3 would disappoint.  Instead its just shown how great Halo really is, even when compared to an amazing game like Bioshock.  The crazy thing is COD4 might even be better than Halo, Ace Combat 6 is going to be a juggarnaught, and GTA IV is the biggest game of 2008. 

SunMo

i'm going to eventually get Halo, but the question is this, do you have to have played the previous versions to be able to play this one?  i've never played the game before
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.