The Sports Media Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 21, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/20120628_PRIDIE_S_CLEAN_START.html

Marcus Hayes now relegated to writing stories on AAA reclamation projects.

Next up?

Lawn dart tournaments on the mainline.

Munson

Jay....Marry farg Kill.....Ruban Amaro Jr, Marcus Hayes, the TSA...go!
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Impossible. I've never been so torn in my life. I can't do it!

Erin Andrews is done at ESPN - likely going to FOX

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

ESPN will announce later today that four key members of the network's NFL coverage -- John Clayton, Mel Kiper Jr., Adam Schefter and Ed Werder -- have signed multi-year extensions with the company.

For those who enjoy Kiper Jr. on the NFL Draft, the following will be good news: Kiper Jr. signed a six-year deal that will keep him at ESPN through the summer of 2018. Schefter signed a five-year extension that runs through the summer of 2017. Clayton and Werder each signed four-year extensions.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Kind of surprised about Clayton. Seems like ESPN has been reducing his role over the last few years.  Figured they were gradually pushing him out.

Whatevs.

Munson

Rob Riggle is a funny dude but seems a little nervous hosting the ESPY's right now
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

Haha...he's getting better

Rome

The last half hour of Sportscenter:

Screamin' A bitching about Lin taking the money from Houston instead of having faith in his "talents" and taking less from the Knicks.

And this after Rick Reilly opined that Tiger Woods might be done winning Majors and going the route of Sandy Koufax as a flash in the pan ex-superstar who burned brightly before flaming out.  This despite Woods winning three times in 2012.

I could go on but I think ESPN has reached the nadir where it's Fox News in jock straps & gym shorts.

Sgt PSN

They're catering to the lowest common denominator....sports fans who mostly know very little about sports. The "talent" they put on the air, the type of programming and the content is largely nauseating but it's what the masses crave.

It'd be great if they added another channel that has more "serious" programming and news. Programs like 30 for 30, Outside The Lines, Sports Reporters and a SportsCenter-like newscast that can go 15 minutes without talking about an athlete's twitter comments.  It'll never happen, but it'd be nice. 

Farg TMZSPN.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I blame Feva for the downfall of ESPN.

Rome

Sgt PSN

It was borderline unwatchable starting in the late 90's/early 00's.  But the TMZ/Facebook/Twitter culture has made it nauseating for almost anything other than live events. 

phattymatty

i'm super high right now but theres a new indian guy on sportscenter that sounds like the whitest dude ever.  its very funny to me right now.

hbionic

I would like to be your running mate in '12 as Vice President of the U.S.A.

Phattymatty- CEO of USA

hbionic-2nd in command and President of U.S.A. in the eventuality of Phatty's early death.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05