Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

From Stark's piece:

QuoteMadson came stomping out of the 'pen to pitch the bottom of the eighth, as "Don't Stop Believing" pumped through an electrified ballpark. Great Giants moments of 2010 played on the video board. Orange pom-poms were shaking halfway to San Jose. You could feel adrenaline shooting through every vein in the park. Just, in this case, it wasn't shooting through the veins of a guy in the right uniform.

"Great song," Madson gushed later. "That song pumped me up. When they started playing it, I got chills. It kept me loose. It took my mind off everything. I guess they probably won't do that again now that you're going to write it."

Yeah, well, it's too late now. Madson promptly became the first reliever to strike out all three hitters he faced, this late in a tied or one-run postseason game, since the Mets' Armando Benitez did that to -- guess who? -- the Giants in Game 3 of the 2000 NLDS.

JOURNEY FTW

phillycrew

This one will be much sweeter if they are able to come back against the Giants.  Cut out the mental errors and keep focused on being aggressive in the box.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Don Ho on October 22, 2010, 06:23:13 AM
Sorry i missed all the excitement at the end.  My wife dropped my son off to surf this evening. When she got back Victorino had just struck out to end the top of the ninth. Her phone rang and it was the lifeguard at the beach calling to say my son had hit his head on the reef and had a nasty gash. We rushed him to the ER where he got 6 stitches and 11 staples. Thank god the ER wasn't to crowded. Exciting night on all ends.

That sucks.  But sometimes I feel like smashing my head into rocks when watching the Phillies, so I feel his pain.

smeags

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 22, 2010, 09:47:33 AM
Sorry i missed all the excitement at the end.  My wife dropped my son off to surf this evening. When she got back Victorino had just struck out to end the top of the ninth. Her phone rang and it was the lifeguard at the beach calling to say my son had hit his head on the reef and had a nasty gash. We rushed him to the ER where he got 6 stitches and 11 staples. Thank god the ER wasn't to crowded. Exciting night on all ends.

That sucks.  But sometimes I feel like smashing my head into rocks when watching the Phillies, so I feel his pain.

big difference though, the rocks lose in your case.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PoopyfaceMcGee

Wow, from the footnotes of Gonzo's article on "rally thongs":

QuoteThe Giants' Wall of Fame is located outside AT&T Park. As we walked past plaques honoring JT Snow, Rich Aurilia and world-beater Kirt Manwaring - a lifetime .246 hitter - one Philly scribe shook his head. "Man," he said, "they'll let anyone be on that thing."

smeags

wanna reason to think the giants are lame ?

ballguys - only in san fran would they middle aged drag queens running down fouls balls.

also - wtf was that singing god bless america ?

QB Eagles

ice grillin you

Quote from: phillycrew on October 22, 2010, 09:35:46 AM
Cut out the mental errors and keep focused on being aggressive in the box.

this is why my girl adores me
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Sorry i missed all the excitement at the end.  My wife dropped my son off to surf this evening. When she got back Victorino had just struck out to end the top of the ninth. Her phone rang and it was the lifeguard at the beach calling to say my son had hit his head on the reef and had a nasty gash. We rushed him to the ER where he got 6 stitches and 11 staples. Thank god the ER wasn't to crowded. Exciting night on all ends.
damn Don, you guys love the hospital.  Hope JR likes  his new Halloween outfit. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 22, 2010, 10:36:06 AM

You guys aren't going to let what is possibly the funniest thing IGY has ever posted pass like a tumblin' tumbleweed, are you?

smeags

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 22, 2010, 11:39:24 AM

You guys aren't going to let what is possibly the funniest thing IGY has ever posted pass like a tumblin' tumbleweed, are you?

so you're saying we should tell him that she said the same thing about munson ?

PoopyfaceMcGee

smeags

yeah but at least it was in a landrover.

Rome

Quote from: smeags on October 22, 2010, 11:54:25 AM
Quote from: FastFreddie on October 22, 2010, 11:39:24 AM

so you're saying we should tell him that she said the same thing about munson ?

burn

BigEd76