Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

jimmy batting 5th tonight

depseration has certainly set in...which is weird considering how early in the season it is
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

jimmy is beyond washed up

between him, polanco and raul next year is gonna be brutal

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i tried to tell you this a long time ago but you wouldnt have it...welcome back to where you belong

Rome

yes - it's going to be just brutal watching them contend for the playoffs again.

MDS

contend but not win

with their pitching they will contend but its pretty much now or never with this over the hill lineup
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Werth not in starting lineup.  Also, Wild Card lead cut to 1 game.

LBIggle

howard was not given the memo that fastballs on his chin are not included in the strike zone.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Big guy likes balls on his chin... So what?  Don't be intolerant.

LBIggle

Quote from: KDS on September 06, 2010, 04:27:27 PM
Quote from: LBIggle on September 06, 2010, 04:14:21 PM
Quote from: FastFreddie on September 06, 2010, 04:04:17 PM
Quote from: LBIggle on September 06, 2010, 04:01:52 PM
its called stat padding.  jayson werth is the best at it.

Already talking yourself into being ready for HOF Brown to be an everyday player?  K.

i'd be surprised if werth wasn't already looking at real estate in the bronx.  he's the worst player in the entire league with RISP.  he has mental lapses at bad times.  when is the last time he sparked any kind of rally?  the guy is the epidomy of benefiting from hitting in a good lineup... or what's usually a good lineup.  if everyone else doesn't hit, he doesn't.  the only thing that's going to suck is balancing the lineup with a right handed bat when he leaves.  i won't miss him.

thats a lot of hyperbole and frustration little dude

you are correct. he is not the worst hitter with RISP in the league.  oh, actually he is. you don't even need to watch a game, the numbers tell that story.  but try watching one sometime anyway.  he also does not get picked off during 4 game sweeps at home just for one instance.  he will be resigned and the yankees are not the favorite to sign him.   he has also carried this team when it was struggling.  how did i miss all this.  

Munson

Dude are you talking to yourself now?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

why are you sending someone there in an inning where the pitcher is struggling this much...let him show that he can pitch himself out of it....you dont need to help him

LBIggle

MDS

the havas hate is astronomical

dookie is miserable even after the offense finally shows some life

ice grillin you

actually it wasnt showing real life...it was getting walked around the bases...and when a pitcher is that bad the last thing you do is try and take a chance early in the game and give him a free out

LBIggle

ok oswalt, knock it the farg off now, icehole.