Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 14, 2010, 09:39:25 PM
MDS....come in here and sing the praises of Madson.

he wasnt as terrible as it appears....one clean hit, weak slap hit thats an out if valdez is at normal depth, then he overthrows the ball and hits whats his face.

his stuff was fine its just the little things like the hit batter that destroy him in the 9th, the whole thing is in his head. he was lucky to face the mets pos backup catcher there. if hes facing a decent hitter in that spot it could have been trouble.

but yea i wouldnt worry about it. brad lidge is the closer. sleep on that.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 14, 2010, 08:19:37 PM
Quote from: Don Ho on August 14, 2010, 08:13:05 PM
I'm drinking some too.  Holy farg!  And how dare McCarthy compare what Doc just did to anything Hamels has done.  That was just amazin!

how do you have phils announcers....EI has mets for me...not that im complaining but i am confused...or are you doing the radio package

I subscribe to the mlb premium package so i get to choose what network i want to watch.  Only bummer is the Giants are blacked out in Hawaii.  If they're not on national tv, forget it.  I'll be in Chicago next week so I'll be able to watch.

I was only able to watch the 3rd thru 6th inning so the creature of habit that I am I listened to our boys.  I should have listened to the Mets announcers as I would have love to have heard their take on Wright and Dick Rod.  I actually like the Mets crew a lot.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I suppose the Phils will have to win to keep pace with the Braves.

MDS

people stop me in the street and they ask me, kds, what was cf like when ff left? was it worse? how did you deal?

and i tell them that it was the worst time of my life. that it just wasnt the same coming to this godforsaken place without seeing pointless, obvious observations coming directly from some stalking north carolinians cellphone. i tell them that it was in fact terrible, that my life had less meaning, less purpose.

then i remember that ff is back, that hes here and hes sharing his thoughts. and all is right with the world.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

St. Louis is losing big in the 9th and San Francisco is down early (Lincecum didn't make it out of the 4th), so a Phils win tonight gives them the wildcard lead

ice grillin you

Quote from: KDS on August 15, 2010, 03:54:03 PM
people stop me in the street and they ask me, kds, what was cf like when ff left? was it worse? how did you deal?

and i tell them that it was the worst time of my life. that it just wasnt the same coming to this godforsaken place without seeing pointless, obvious observations coming directly from some stalking north carolinians cellphone. i tell them that it was in fact terrible, that my life had less meaning, less purpose.

then i remember that ff is back, that hes here and hes sharing his thoughts. and all is right with the world.

haha
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

was jon miller just promoting walking a guy with one out to get to the pitcher in the second inning

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 15, 2010, 08:47:36 PM
was jon miller just promoting walking a guy with one out to get to the pitcher in the second inning

Sounded like he thought the #8 batter was still coming up, since he made that statement when Pelf was coming to the plate.

ice grillin you

im pretty sure he wasnt thinking at all

Sgt PSN

Sgt PSN

BTW, is it me or is Jon Miller really starting to look like Ben Frankin?

ice grillin you

its not you and hes been channeling that for like ten years now.......it used to be much more uncanny when he used to let his hair woof

Sgt PSN

Yeah, Ive always noticed it but tonight it really jumps out at you.

Jimmys a farging pimp. Nice to see pineapple head get him home.

Sgt PSN

Great. Now Polanco takes one on the hand

ice grillin you

big pelf trying to go lannan and shtein