Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 09, 2010, 03:49:52 PM
Quote from: Rome on May 09, 2010, 03:46:08 PM
hey stupid... he was the mvp of the world series and the undisputed ace of the staff just two years ago.

He went 14-10 in 08.  Hardly "ace" material.  That said, he's not even pitching anywhere near that level right now. 

He went 15-5 the year before and he went undefeated in the playoffs in 2008.  That means during those two years his overall record was 33-16 (including the loss to the Rockies in 2007) with an ERA around 3.20.

That's an ace now considering pitchers rarely win 20 games in the Majors anymore.

Rome

Lidge just had two warning track outs and a tapper back to the pitcher to end the game.

Good solid win and series win against the Injuns.

Sgt PSN

The wind kept those 2 in the park.  His slider looked good, fastball not so much. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on May 09, 2010, 04:15:38 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 09, 2010, 03:49:52 PM
Quote from: Rome on May 09, 2010, 03:46:08 PM
hey stupid... he was the mvp of the world series and the undisputed ace of the staff just two years ago.

He went 14-10 in 08.  Hardly "ace" material.  That said, he's not even pitching anywhere near that level right now. 

He went 15-5 the year before and he went undefeated in the playoffs in 2008.  That means during those two years his overall record was 33-16 (including the loss to the Rockies in 2007) with an ERA around 3.20.

That's an ace now considering pitchers rarely win 20 games in the Majors anymore.

Arguing over whether or not he was ace material 2 and 3 years ago tells me everything I need to know about Cole Hamels today. 

Rome

I never said he was an ace today, saskatoon.  Mr. Mexico said he was NEVER an ace, which is stupid considering what he accomplished in '07 & '08.

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 09, 2010, 04:20:20 PM
The wind kept those 2 in the park.  His slider looked good, fastball not so much. 

Those two were close.  Thank god for mother nature.  Let's hope he's just working out the kinks.  That last out looked like the Lidge of 08.  Good stuff.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Munson

Quote from: Don Ho on May 09, 2010, 05:25:47 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 09, 2010, 04:20:20 PM

Those two were close.  Thank god for mother nature.  Let's hope he's just working out the kinks.  That last out looked like the Lidge of 08.  Good stuff.

Me and my boy both thought those balls were out when they were hit, but the wind was wicked today. Wind gets the credit for the save.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

stop trying to scream as loud as you can that you for once got out of the trailer park and made it into the big city...no one cared this morning when you offered it up and no one cares now...in short....shut the farg up and die
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on May 09, 2010, 04:44:14 PM
Mr. Mexico said he was NEVER an ace, which is stupid considering what he accomplished in '07 & '08.

I'm a little scurred that you remember that name. 

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 09, 2010, 06:51:31 PM
stop trying to scream as loud as you can that you for once got out of the trailer park and made it into the big city...no one cared this morning when you offered it up and no one cares now...in short....shut the farg up and die

I FOR ONCE GOT OUT OF THE TRAILER PARK AND MADE IT INTO THE BIG CITY
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

Ahhh, yes.  The big city.  Where the cars aren't used for lawn ornaments and the houses don't have license plates.   

'Tis a magical place, the big city. 

Munson

Paw took me to a movin picture show!

MDS

its honestly astounding how unfunny you are
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

You, much like IGY, have no room to talk on any and all things "funny".