Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

FIRE CHOLLY, SHOULD HAVE HAD MYERS, CHOKE SUCKS
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

ugly end to an ugly series.  they were hideous with risp today, especially in the ninth.  two on with none out and they couldn't scrape a run across.

awful.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 08, 2010, 04:52:24 PM
and joey b is starting the season on the dl. 

doc - lee - heidi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> doc - heidi - kyle "3 runs in the first" kendrick 

Lee's on the DL, too.  So, to summarize:

doc - heidi - kyle "3 runs in the first" kendrick  ======================= doc - heidi - kyle "3 runs in the first" kendrick 

ice grillin you

stick a fork in ibanez...he is disgusting

they are in trouble when they start playing real teams...the staff is not good
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

hamels
kendrick
happ
moyer

think about that

hell even with blanton that is not good

and thats not even talking about the pen which is gonna be trouble

and ill say it again watch out for the braves and HOF heyward

SunMo

hamels, moyer, blanton, happ, pedro

world series.

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

braves are much much better this year

but even if you dont think the braves can beat them....getting to the world series in a weak nl cant be the goal

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 08, 2010, 03:56:41 PM
and this is why hes one of my top three or four all time favorite athletes...

That, I have no idea. I'm sure we could afford him. We turned nearly 4 million people through the turnstiles last year. I don't know. You should have (Phillies GM) Ruben (Amaro) on here . . . When the trade happened, I actually got a text from Jayson Werth and he was like, 'What are we doing?' And I was like, 'Didn't we get Halladay?' And he was like, 'Yeah, but we traded Lee.' And my mouth dropped like, 'That wasn't part of the deal.' I really don't know. I thought we had enough to keep him. I thought we could have done enough to keep him, but I guess that's just a move the Yankees do.

whats amazing about this is that the topic is such a sensitive issue with the front office that rube has refused to talk about it as of several weeks ago...and and jimmy says this yesterday lol

Jimmy = Pimp.

Absolutely love the guy.

Wonder how long until the Phils trade him to the Nats?

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 08, 2010, 08:31:27 PM

Agreed on Ibanez.

and lol at your "in trouble" stuff.

The earliest proclamation of trouble ever? Why yes, yes it is.

By the way....great job in the 9th today fargbags. I caught the final three ABs. Jerks.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 08, 2010, 08:23:07 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 08, 2010, 04:52:24 PM
and joey b is starting the season on the dl. 

doc - lee - heidi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> doc - heidi - kyle "3 runs in the first" kendrick 

Lee's on the DL, too.  So, to summarize:

doc - heidi - kyle "3 runs in the first" kendrick  ======================= doc - heidi - kyle "3 runs in the first" kendrick 

lol...forgot all about that. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 08, 2010, 08:51:59 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 08, 2010, 03:56:41 PM
and this is why hes one of my top three or four all time favorite athletes...

That, I have no idea. I'm sure we could afford him. We turned nearly 4 million people through the turnstiles last year. I don't know. You should have (Phillies GM) Ruben (Amaro) on here . . . When the trade happened, I actually got a text from Jayson Werth and he was like, 'What are we doing?' And I was like, 'Didn't we get Halladay?' And he was like, 'Yeah, but we traded Lee.' And my mouth dropped like, 'That wasn't part of the deal.' I really don't know. I thought we had enough to keep him. I thought we could have done enough to keep him, but I guess that's just a move the Yankees do.

whats amazing about this is that the topic is such a sensitive issue with the front office that rube has refused to talk about it as of several weeks ago...and and jimmy says this yesterday lol

Jimmy = Pimp.

Absolutely love the guy.

Wonder how long until the Phils trade him to the Nats?

i know you're joking, but they won't trade him for those comments.  rube has much thicker skin than banner.  but jimmy is most definitely a guy who the phils should make sure never wears another uniform.  i think he's the only one left from the dark ages.  dude is all philly without a doubt and watching him play for another team would probably be even worse than watching dawk in denver. 

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah, he's close to Dawk territory.

I love Jimmy...matter o' fact, I think I will buy the cream jersey and wear it at some landmark.

Buster Olney on Ibanez:

QuoteThere is a lot of buzz among scouts about what is perceived to be the diminished bat speed of Raul Ibanez, the Phillies' left fielder. "The good thing is that they can hide him in that lineup," one scout said. "He's a smart hitter, so he'll guess right enough to do some damage. But he's vulnerable now to hard stuff inside -- you should pound him with fastballs. I can't see them keeping him in the No. 6 spot for the whole year; [Shane] Victorino is a better hitter."

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 08, 2010, 09:34:59 PM
I love Jimmy...matter o' fact, I think I will buy the cream jersey and wear it at some landmark.

i've been eying that one up for well over a year now.  want to get one of the authentics w/the ws patch on it.  str8 butta

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 08, 2010, 08:31:27 PM

lol