This Is Gonna Suck: 2016 Phillies Season Thread

Started by MDS, April 04, 2016, 04:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

i had them being good in 18 and a title contender in 20 or 21

they have too much money to spend and the FA class is too good in 18 for them not to buy something, but the internal rotation options have not had an impressive few months here
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

7.06 starters era last 18 games and eight games Ina row they don't go six or more

Hooray

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on August 17, 2016, 10:29:23 PM
i had them being good in 18 and a title contender in 20 or 21

they have too much money to spend and the FA class is too good in 18 for them not to buy something, but the internal rotation options have not had an impressive few months here

you have them contending for the ws in 2018 for sure...so basically they could win it that year...either way this whole rebuild you've been at least 2-3 years ahead of schedule
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

youre making things up, trump

theres a difference between being competitive/good and being a contender. the marlins are competitive/good this year but arent a contender.

the FA class is just too strong and theyre going to have too much money to sit it out.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 17, 2016, 10:38:11 PM
7.06 starters era last 18 games and eight games Ina row they don't go six or more

Hooray

Oh shtein.  V V has looked awful.  Nice job with the 10 k's Tuesday night but he just can't get past the 5th for the life of him.  Thompson 103 pitches tonight and went 5. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

GRIT just robbed cameron rupp of a base hit and the crowd cheered

MDS

went today

my buddy's work has a suite. free food and booze which was nice. also didnt get a drop of rain on me. other than that holy crap this was the worst game ive ever been to and i went a game earlier this year where they lost 100-0 to the diamonbacks.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

holy shtein has this been a disasterous year for Phillie pitching prospects

QB Eagles

Pitching's been the bleakest, but they are still far away from an offensive core too. Wake me up when someone from the Phillies youth movement actually becomes a bona fide major league star. Given that it's the Phillies, I'm skeptical even of JP until I see him achieve good starting SS status in the bigs. No offense JP, it's how I was raised.

In 3 years Mickey Moniak will be traded to the Padres for cash and a player to be named later.

ice grillin you

at least the offensive system is deep so you could have a few flops and still have hope

the pitching has no room for error and pretty much all of them crashed and burned this year

MDS

kilome hasnt been bad...nola you have to hope his swoon was due to injury....eickhoff has established himself as a ML pitcher, though not an especially noticeable one.....vv in the least can be a power arm out of the bullpen

thats all i got. the good thing is they got 150 mil to spend and a great FA class in 18

Don Ho

Agreed, crash and burn is right.  That was painful to watch Thompson tonight.  Between he and Vinny V :boo :boo

SD

PhillyPhreak54

Pour one out for Ruiz

The Doyers take another 2008 Phillie. They give up AJ Ellis and some dude from Haverford College Tommy Bergjawn or something

Ellis and his BFF Kershaw aren't happy