ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

Quote from: SD on June 05, 2016, 07:14:56 AM
Thanks for your scouting report. He's only 23 and should be pitching in triple a. He's exactly what I expected, has the stuff but needs to develop. Again, I was expecting exactly what we're seeing. Maybe you guys should taper your expectations a bit.

getting hit around and not making it out of the 5th inning isnt "fine."

Quote from: Rome on June 05, 2016, 10:18:18 AM
They're not learning anything at AAA that they couldn't learn in the Majors.  The only reason the Phillies won't pull the trigger is they don't want the service time clock starting too early.  The longer they sit at AAA, the better.  Every major league franchise pulls the same shtein, so it's not like the Phillies are unique in that regard.

no

the service time threshold is exploited primarily by small market teams looking steal an extra year of arbitration. the cubs did it to bryant last year because they only needed to have him in AAA for a week. none of the phils prospects at AAA are ready yet. you dont bring crawford or williams up so they can hit .150 and embarrass themselves. youre smarter than this.

crawford, im guessing, will be up in september when lehigh's season ends to get his feet wet a bit. williams might or might not be up before that depending on how he improves against lhp. both will enter camp in 2017 with a chance to win jobs, but theyll have to beat out replacement level players (galvis, asche) in order to do so. well see.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

I selfishly wanted VV to play for the Phils this season so I could watch him. In reality the smart thing to do before the season would have been to assign him to the pigs so he could work on his curve. You'd have to be blind to not see his potential. The most important foundation for any power pitcher is a dominant fastball. He shouldn't be in the majors, but since he is, he's experiencing growing pains that should have been worked out at triple a. I hardly fault the Phils for making him their 5th starter, he has a bonafide major league arm and as a 5th starter it's low pressure. Taper your expectations for the guy and appreciate his potential. 

QB Eagles

At least with VV I don't get the "this guy is never going to matter" feeling I get watching Franco this season. Not yet, anyway.

ice grillin you

McCarthy is beyond an idiot....hes mad the runner at first is taking such a big lead and that they should try and pick him off

meanwhile joseph isnt covering first

ice grillin you

why is this scrub paredes taking at bats away from a rule 5 guy

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

Salmon shorts
Boat shoes with black socks
Stained jersey
Foreeeeeman mills quality jersey
Drinking bud lite lime

ice grillin you

comes with the territory of having a young staff but my god do the phillie pitchers throw a lot of pitches

seems like every game they are at 40-50 pitches in the 2nd inning

PhillyPhreak54

Good point

Yeah they have to learn to be economical and that comes with exp and learning hitters.

ice grillin you