This Is Gonna Suck: 2016 Phillies Season Thread

Started by MDS, April 04, 2016, 04:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

nah just fans like that goof zoowithroy are whining about the 3b coach....just like complaining

anyone with a brain knew they werent winning regardless of that
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah calm cool and collected super fans like you and Havas here.

MDS

even if they were good and this game meant something....its still just some game in early may. been around the block enough to know when its real and when it aint.

but really the phillies are going to win like 60something games this year, theyre playing well, enjoy for it what it is but dont get worked up over the results
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Thanks mr sports fan psychologist

74 wins buddy

SD

They only have to go 54-80 the rest of the way to hit 70 wins. That's certainly attainable

Rome

I have to wonder if they were expecting this so soon and if their surprising play will kick the rebuild into higher gear?   If they had any production from the corner outfielders, they'd be giving .500 a run come September, especially if the pitching stayed stitched together. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on May 05, 2016, 08:17:19 AM
I have to wonder if they were expecting this so soon and if their surprising play will kick the rebuild into higher gear?   If they had any production from the corner outfielders, they'd be giving .500 a run come September, especially if the pitching stayed stitched together.

if by kicking the rebuild into higher gear I assume you mean sign big time free agents this offseason.....cause other than that the rebuild couldn't be in higher gear...and the answer is a resounding no...this is still all about the development of individual players not a flukey 25 game stretch by a bunch of bums....they still don't even know if someone like maikel franco is a full time major leaguer much less any of the guys in the pipeline....imo that has to be determined first before they start paying big money to free agents..."high gear" I don't think will be until the 2018 winter tsunami
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

Their target is obviously 2018 but they'll have money to spend on incremental upgrades in July.   

Hell, I'd just as soon let it ride this year and next but the sooner they get better players in there to foster a culture of winning, the better. 

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 05, 2016, 12:11:10 AM
Thanks mr sports fan psychologist

74 wins buddy

youd rather win a couple of bucks than see your team get the #1 pick. we just got different priorities, bo.

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 05, 2016, 09:05:41 AM
Quote from: Rome on May 05, 2016, 08:17:19 AM

if by kicking the rebuild into higher gear I assume you mean sign big time free agents this offseason.....cause other than that the rebuild couldn't be in higher gear...and the answer is a resounding no...this is still all about the development of individual players not a flukey 25 game stretch by a bunch of bums....they still don't even know if someone like maikel franco is a full time major leaguer much less any of the guys in the pipeline....imo that has to be determined first before they start paying big money to free agents..."high gear" I don't think will be until the 2018 winter tsunami

basically. they got the next year and a half to figure out what they have. then in 18 you start throwing some weight around, up to and including a check for 4 bills to brycie

ice grillin you

we might see a no no today....Garcia is simply dominating

PhillyPhreak54

Glad this was a game I couldn't watch

lil guy happy tho

ice grillin you

BigEd76

Unless they're trading for Braun or Votto, there really aren't any upgrades available this summer or offseason (when Carlos Gomez is the top bat)

PhillyPhreak54