This Is Gonna Suck: 2016 Phillies Season Thread

Started by MDS, April 04, 2016, 04:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

They're infinitely more watchable than in recent years now that they may actually have a future again. 

SD

A rebuilding team is only 3 games behind the greatest team ever assembled since the 1927 Yankees

PhillyPhreak54

A shutout win?? and a series win?! Against the big badddd Nats??

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I want to enjoy a season and watch the young bucks get better

No either or here. A summer with them progressing.

This ain't first take, skip

MDS

you just answered the question. youd rather see them "progress" -- whatever that means -- and see some good ol fashion dubya's instead of having the ability to select a potentially transcendent player.

i get it but i dont feel it

QB Eagles

Their record is closer to the Cubs than to the Braves. Probably want to hold off on the #1 pick talk until later in the season.

I think they are a bad team but maybe not bottom 5 the way MLB is currently split between the haves and have nots. A lot of bad teams out there.

Rome

Quote from: SD on April 27, 2016, 10:10:31 PM
A rebuilding team is only 3 games behind the greatest team ever assembled since the 1927 Yankees

Haha

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

They won't make 70 because the pitching will fade once teams catch up and they'll never hit with huge holes in the lineup other than Dubes & Maik-Maik.

smeags

yea you're right, the homer came out of me for a second there.

phattymatty

Quote from: MDS on April 27, 2016, 11:55:52 PM
you just answered the question. youd rather see them "progress" -- whatever that means -- and see some good ol fashion dubya's instead of having the ability to select a potentially transcendent player.

i get it but i dont feel it

so the tank in baseball is worth it but in basketball its ridiculous. got it. these are good things to know.

Rome

I was going there too, Matt, but thought better of it in the end. 

smeags

the drafts are very comparable. no talent after the 3rd pick in baseball either.