Your most nerve-wracking moment as an Eagles fan?

Started by The BIGSTUD, May 08, 2006, 05:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

#3 1978 Wildcard Playoff at Atlanta.  Mike Michel missing a chip shot to win it.  I almost cried.

#2 1988 Playoff game at Chicago.  We had that game and couldn't score.  Two TD's called back on the same drive and 4 Zendejas FG's.  That team would have made some noise as the playoffs moved on.

#1 Last game at The Vet.  Not even going there.  I haven't had lunch yet.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on May 08, 2006, 06:09:57 PM
The Monday Night game when Hutton fumbled the snap on a chip shot field goal against the Cowboys, I cried when they lost that game.  I am not someone that cries but the Eagles have made me do it twice the second time was when they lost to TB in the NFCCG.

Trent Cole would look down upon your sissy ass crying with disdain. Nancy.

For me, December 12, 2004. Eagles vs. Skins at FedEx field. Where Ramsey lobbed the ball up and Dawk came up with the pick. I work with a bunch of taterskins fargstick iceholes who frequent ES.com and lap on Art's balls, and they gauranteed the Birds would lose. The bet was that if the Birds won, they would have to go out and buy authentic T.O jerseys and wear them at work for the entire week If I lost, it was a Clinton Portis authentic jersey all week.. I have a picture of those bitches with the shame written all over there mugs on my desk. It is a great repellent, they never come by my desk anymore, even during the last season.  Thank you Brian Dawkins....and a big farg, farg, farg you to the legion of Extremeskins doucebags.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

BigEd76

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 08, 2006, 06:01:55 PM
The Hook and ladder by the Giants when Troy stopped ? at the 4 yard line. 

Damon Moore stopped Ron Dixon at the 6

This one was my first thought as well...

Diomedes

That was heartstopping.  I had forgotten that.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

The BIGSTUD

Ha, I forgot about that. I didn't think he had any chance to score though. I didn't really comprehend what was actually going on, so I never got nervous about it.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Beermonkey

The Monday Night game when Hutton fumbled the snap on a chip shot field goal against the Cowboys, I cried when they lost that game.  I am not someone that cries but the Eagles have made me do it twice the second time was when they lost to TB in the NFCCG.

I remember that well, as it was about 15 seconds before I punched my Cowboy fan friend in the face.  :( That wasn't nerve-wracking, since I don't think anyone even considered the possibility of a botch. I'll never forget being at the Eagles Carnival, which I think was the following week, where they had Hutton holding for fans at the FG event. The shtein he must have took must have been mind-numbing.

Westbrook's return against the Giants had to be mine also, as I actually passed out for a few seconds from yelling. Never had that happen before or since.

Rome

"Best" nerve-wracking experience?  Waiting for the clock to tick down on the NFCCG against Atlanta.  It was like time stood still for five minutes and the clock refused to move.  I was sure Atlanta was going to pull a miracle until the confetti started raining down.

"Worst" nerve-wracking experience?  The last drive in the Super Bowl.  I was sure McNabb was going to pull a rabbit out of his hat and win the big one.  After all, New England had won two miraculous Super Bowls in three years.  No way they were going to win a third.

"Worst" moment as an Eagles fan?  Look below...

MURP

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 08, 2006, 06:59:23 PM

good call, although there was another Eagle involved.. Bobby Taylor?

Wingspan

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 08, 2006, 05:49:27 PM
The Super Bowl. Not the final drive, because it would have taken perhaps the greatest drive in Bowl history to win the game. But watching them lackadaisically fritter away the last five minutes of the game in the previous drive. I was pacing the room like a madman.

yeah, the last 10 minutes of the 3rd and first 5 of the fourth quarters of the superbowl when the farging defense couldnt stop a marble rolling across a counter.

nothing was more nerve wrecking than that
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

MDS

theres no way that vadge would hustle down the field and make that play. it was dawkins or vincent.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MURP on May 08, 2006, 10:25:02 PM

No.  It involved a tackle.  ;)

DutchBird

Quote from: MURP on May 08, 2006, 10:25:02 PM

IIRC it was all Moore by himself... and IIRC the only reason he was there was because he had been burned big time earlier in the game biting on a fake. And he basically said to himself before that play that he would stay back and not react untill he knew what was going on.

Nerve wrecker for me:

The game at Pittsburgh; first numerous onside kicks, then the FG unit running on to the field with 18 seconds remaining, running clock after the previous play ended to line up for a 45 yard or so FG...

Westbrook's punt return agains the Giants.
You have New York, we have Amsterdam
Just 15,000 Dutch beat out 90,000 Americans

With Timmy, one of three things is going to happen. Somebody is going to get hurt - it's either going to be him, an opponent, or one of our players.

pinoyboy2pt0

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 08, 2006, 05:49:27 PM
The Super Bowl. Not the final drive, because it would have taken perhaps the greatest drive in Bowl history to win the game. But watching them lackadaisically fritter away the last five minutes of the game in the previous drive. I was pacing the room like a madman.

ditto.

"But we scored, didn't we?"

...douchebags.
Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No pro bowl WR's.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Retarded special teams.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  "I've got to do a better job."  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Running game shines for 3 plays. Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No adjustments anywhere.  Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  (repeat)

PhillyPhreak54

Some good ones in here.

Dutch, I remember that PIT game well. I almost got into 4 fights that day with Stillers fans. Timmy Hauck recovered the Akers OSK and then they had to do it all over again because of a penalty. And then Hauck recovered it again. I believe Brian Mitchell scored the tying TD. And I know The Flying T scored in that game as well.

I also recall the Damon Moore-Bobby Taylor-Ron Dixon play vividly. I was celebrating our 1st NFC East championship at The Sports Dome in Ft. Hood with a bunch of other Birds fans. Then the Giants ran that play (The Lambuth Special - named because Ron Dixon went to Lambuth College) and I ended up on the floor of the place praying to god that he did not score.

As for my choice(s):

First of all, I am a nervous wreck every game. I can feel my heartrate increase as soon as the ball kicks off. No other sport does this to me. But when the Eagles are on, I am out of control.

#1 most nerve wracking was the 2002 NFCCG. After BMitch returned that ball and Duce scored ( to this day I still get chills remembering how the Vet sounded after that) I was crazy out on control. No way we'd lose, right? But I was afraid we would...and we did. I was catatonic for days. I sat in my recliner for hours without moving afterwards.

I would list the Super Bowl, but that was a given to every Iggles fan. Millions of us were bordeline "bring out the goddamn paddles and shock my heart" nervous.

Philly_Crew

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on May 08, 2006, 06:41:56 PM

Trent Cole would look down upon your sissy ass crying with disdain. Nancy.

For me, December 12, 2004. Eagles vs. Skins at FedEx field. Where Ramsey lobbed the ball up and Dawk came up with the pick. I work with a bunch of taterskins fargstick iceholes who frequent ES.com and lap on Art's balls, and they gauranteed the Birds would lose. The bet was that if the Birds won, they would have to go out and buy authentic T.O jerseys and wear them at work for the entire week If I lost, it was a Clinton Portis authentic jersey all week.. I have a picture of those bitches with the shame written all over there mugs on my desk. It is a great repellent, they never come by my desk anymore, even during the last season.  Thank you Brian Dawkins....and a big farg, farg, farg you to the legion of Extremeskins doucebags.

Going to the Birds-Skins game at FedEx this year?  I'm hoping to meet a college friend of mine for that game this year.